Maximizing efficiency, the radiant-heated MSR WindBurner 1.0L Personal Stove System delivers consistent, all-condition performance in a compact, nested stove, pot, and bowl combo kit.
The WindBurner1.0L Personal Stove System's state-of-the-art burner utilizes two modes of heat transfer, convective and radiant, to ensure that maximum performance is achieved regardless of conditions. The burner is enclosed in a heat exchanger, protecting it fully from the wind and positioning heat where you need it, directly underneath your cooking pot. As a result, heat loss is minimal and cooking time is greatly reduced. Average boil time for 0.5L is 2.5 minutes. An internal pressure regulator equalizes fuel pressure and guarantees a consistent heat output in all temperatures. This frees you from worrying about poor performance in cold weather and makes certain that you are best able to take advantage of any and all fuel available in your fuel canister.
With a built-in heat exchanger that ensures efficiency, the 1.0 liter aluminum cooking pot is designed to work hand-in-hand with the stove itself. The pot is also designed to hold and carry the entire system as a single, compact unit. Together, the stove and cooking pot weigh a mere 15.25 ounces. A clear, BPA-free drink-through lid also doubles as a strainer. A 16 oz bowl is also included for mealtimes.
The MSR WindBurner 1.0L Stove System utilizes 4 ounce or 8 ounce canisters of MSR IsoPro fuel (sold separately). An included folding canister stand helps to stabilize the entire system when in use.
- Ultra-efficient radiant burner
- 1.0L Pot with heat exchanger
- Pressure regulator for consistent performance
- Glove-friendly flame adjustment
- Lid with drinking/straining ports
- Insulted cozy with handle
- Secure stove/pot connection
- 16 oz bowl included
- Folding canister stand included
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Average Boil Time 2 min 30 sec (per 0.5 L) Warranty Lifetime Type Canister Stability Excellent Material Aluminum Item Weight 15.5 oz w/o canister Fuel Iso/Propane Canister Cold Weather Performance Good
Real Customer Reviews
- Best stove I have ever used
Likes: Light, powerful
Dislikes: Handle is weak
- Must have
Likes: Boils really quickly even in windy condition. Absolute must have for making coffee/oatmeal/dehydrated meals. It cuts down cooking time down substantially!
Dislikes: Extremely hot stove and pot after boiling, if not careful will burn yourself easily.
- Wonderful design, look forward to many years of use!
Likes: Very robust design and durability.
- Easy, efficient and compact
Likes: Def. worth the slightly higher price for added features of included stand, measuring lines and overall sturdiness. Lack of an auto igniter not an issue, I start mine with a striker, no matches or lighter necessary
Dislikes: None yet!
- Love this stove.
Likes: This stove is good for high altitude and windy camping, its because there is no flame or fire. I have a jetboil and when i went hiking in winter its so hard to loght it. This one is so easy and no hassle at all
Dislikes: Little bit heavy , and pricey but thanks to backcountry edge for the discount and reward
- Incredible personal stove system
Likes: This is a highly efficient stove system. Compared to smaller burners that lack a well engineered windscreen you will get significantly more heating time per canister. I love how perfectly everything packs up into itself, it takes up a surprisingly low amount of space in my Atmos 50 AG pack. Boil time is super fast. The adjustability of the flame is excellent for keeping a simmer while using as little gas as possible. Compared to the jetboil the container is better insulated and will maintain its heat longer after the flame is turned off.
Dislikes: A little pricey but worth it.
- Amazingly fast
Likes: There are several things to like about this stove.
1. The whole system fits together in a really compact package. I purchased the stove system and the coffee press. The way everything (coffee press included) fits inside of the stove and pot when breaking it down is awesome and makes it very clear that MSR paid attention to details here.
2. The stove is FAST! I fired it up with a fresh fuel container and .5l of water. I set a kitchen timer for 3:00. By the time 2 minutes had passed the water was starting to boil. By 2:15 I had a full boil. Note: I am at about 6000 feet altitude.
3. The build quality of the unit is outstanding. Everything from the small welds, to the way the insulator clips to the pot, to the way the burner shape matches the bottom of a fuel canister screams quality.
Dislikes: This stove is a bit heavier than I would like. I believe that in the long haul it will save weight from having to take a lot less fuel, but there are places that the system could be made lighter. The burner is probably overbuilt, but I can understand MSR being cautious here. The pot is nice, but could be lighter.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »