If you are looking for maximum comfort and a sprawling sleeping base for your next camping trip, look no further. The Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 3D self-inflating sleeping pad is 4" thick, has a comfortable "next to skin" feel and delivers an R-value (11.4) worthy of year-round use.
Designed for campers who aren't necessarily looking for a streamlined backpacking pad and aren't concerned with packed weight, the MondoKing 3D offers extra-thick foam padding for warmth and comfort. A full 4" layer of foam serves as a comfortable sleeping base and the ultra-responsive foam core contours to your body to provide great comfort and support. The Mondo King 3D provides 20% more usable sleep surface, and the vertical sidewalls allow for virtually seamless mating to another.
The MondoKing 3D's self-inflating design allows you to simply unroll the pad and open the integrated air valve. The open-cell foam core responds by soaking up air, similar to a sponge absorbing liquid. Once the MondoKing 3D has inflated, you can achieve the full 4" thickness by adding a few puffs of air or fine-tune the density by pressing down lightly on the pad to release air.
The Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 3D is available in Large (25" x 77") and XXLarge (30" x 80") size options.
- Vertical sidewalls provides 20% more usable sleep surface
- Foam core offers better stability and warmth than an air mattress twice as thick
- Self-inflating for ease of use; no pump required!
- Mates perfectly with another 3D mattress
Best Use Backpacking, Camping R-Value 11.4 Item Weight Large: 4 lbs 11 oz
XXLarge: 6 lbs
Dimensions Large: 4" x 25" x 77"
XXLarge: 4" x 30" x 80"
Other Stuff Sack Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Type Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad Packed Size Large: 7" x 26"
XXLarge: 7" x 31"
Real Customer Reviews
- On a trial run only, this sleeping pad is great
Likes: Inflates very easily as is adjusting the firmness. Works great on the living room floor.
- Nice Pad
Likes: 1) This sleeping pad is infinitely more comfortable than other ThermaRest pads I have used.
2) Insulation from the ground is great.
3) Slightly less expensive than competing brand's model.
4) Does not require a separate pump to top off the inflation
Dislikes: 1) I gave it only 4 stars because it does not offer as much support as another brand of self inflating mattress which I also own.
2) While it doesn't need a separate pump, I think it is more sanitary actually not to have to blow into the foam.
3) I needed a second Mondo King for a last minute trip, so I bought one from a local retailer. Unfortunately, though labelled Mondo King 3D, this second purchase has never expanded to the full thickness of the one I purchased from Backcountry. I wish I had purchased both from Backcountry.
4) The size and weight of this type of mattress are prohibitive to anything but car camping.
- Extremely comfortable and warm sleeping pad in a very generous size.
Likes: The fabric used in the covering. Padding is very comfortable.
Dislikes: Can be challenging to deflate and return to ts storage sack.
- Excellent comfort
Likes: Comfortable, insulated. My pregnant wife can sleep on it, and she barely sleeps on our regular mattress!
Dislikes: A bit bulky but with comfort you have to have it.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »