If you are looking for maximum comfort and a sprawling sleeping base for your next camping trip, look no further. The Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 3D self-inflating sleeping pad is 4" thick, has a comfortable "next to skin" feel and delivers an R-value (11.4) worthy of year-round use.
Designed for campers who aren't necessarily looking for a streamlined backpacking pad and aren't concerned with packed weight, the MondoKing 3D offers extra-thick foam padding for warmth and comfort. A full 4" layer of foam serves as a comfortable sleeping base and the ultra-responsive foam core contours to your body to provide great comfort and support. The Mondo King 3D provides 20% more usable sleep surface, and the vertical sidewalls allow for virtually seamless mating to another.
The MondoKing 3D's self-inflating design allows you to simply unroll the pad and open the integrated air valve. The open-cell foam core responds by soaking up air, similar to a sponge absorbing liquid. Once the MondoKing 3D has inflated, you can achieve the full 4" thickness by adding a few puffs of air or fine-tune the density by pressing down lightly on the pad to release air.
The Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 3D is available in Large (25" x 77") and XXLarge (30" x 80") size options.
- Vertical sidewalls provides 20% more usable sleep surface
- Foam core offers better stability and warmth than an air mattress twice as thick
- Self-inflating for ease of use; no pump required!
- Mates perfectly with another 3D mattress
Best Use Backpacking, Camping R-Value 11.4 Item Weight Large: 4 lbs 11 oz
XXLarge: 6 lbs
Dimensions Large: 4" x 25" x 77"
XXLarge: 4" x 30" x 80"
Other Stuff Sack Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Type Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad Packed Size Large: 7" x 26"
XXLarge: 7" x 31"
Real Customer Reviews
- Unparalleled Comfort. Excellent Build Quality.
Likes: Pure Camping Comfort!@ This is a super comfy mattress. Surface can be inflated to desired feel. Extremely well made. Great materials. Feels nice on skin.
Dislikes: I found this mattress VERY difficult to roll up & stow away. Just couldn't get it back to a size that was anything close to how it was before I inflated it.
Likes: Doesn’t get cold like other mattresses and like that it inflated itself without a pump.
Dislikes: It is sort of hard to roll up to get it back into the carrying case but it can be done.
- Sleeping on cloud nine and gone to Heaven
Likes: Cushy, firmness adjustable, roomy secure, durable. Good price, (on sale).
Dislikes: Not a thing.
- Bought this for my wife who has a bad back, she told me that its like bringing our bed in during camping.
Likes: Wife likes it, cant hear any complaints from her.
Dislikes: A little harder to put back in the bag.
- Insulated and Comfortable!
Likes: * Thick and comfortable.
* High R-value for insulation against cold ground! I didn't feel anything from the ground at all :)
* Self-inflates very well.
* The double valves make it more uniform when rolling it to squeeze out the air.
* I am able to slide it back into its bag perfectly every time, so I feel the bag is well sized to be possible for an average user to get the pad back into.
Dislikes: * I wish it had one of those dual valves where you can have it set to let air out but not in, for the packing away process.
- Worth every penny!
Likes: Large and very comfortable.
Dislikes: Takes a little time to roll up but self inflates easy.
- I have waited a long time to purchase the best
Likes: thick, R value of 11, rugged cover, two valves, large stuff sack. I will use it on top of a cot in my Sprinter van. It is an essential piece of gear for my motorcycle-and-solo-traveler getaway RV.
Dislikes: it's a little bulky, but it's good for van travel. With the bright blue color, it finds every available bit of dust, but it cleans up easily.
- Great camping mat
Likes: Firm and offers great support for back.
Great insulation from cold ground.
High quality construction
Dislikes: Difficult to roll up and put in stuff sack.
- On a trial run only, this sleeping pad is great
Likes: Inflates very easily as is adjusting the firmness. Works great on the living room floor.
- Nice Pad
Likes: 1) This sleeping pad is infinitely more comfortable than other ThermaRest pads I have used.
2) Insulation from the ground is great.
3) Slightly less expensive than competing brand's model.
4) Does not require a separate pump to top off the inflation
Dislikes: 1) I gave it only 4 stars because it does not offer as much support as another brand of self inflating mattress which I also own.
2) While it doesn't need a separate pump, I think it is more sanitary actually not to have to blow into the foam.
3) I needed a second Mondo King for a last minute trip, so I bought one from a local retailer. Unfortunately, though labelled Mondo King 3D, this second purchase has never expanded to the full thickness of the one I purchased from Backcountry. I wish I had purchased both from Backcountry.
4) The size and weight of this type of mattress are prohibitive to anything but car camping.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »