The stretch-woven Smartwool Men's PhD 5" Short has a Merino wool/polyester lining. This performance-oriented build makes the short ideal for trail running and other aerobic outdoor activities.
The external shell has a loose, comfortable fit. The inner brief fits more athletically, providing support, effectively wicking moisture, and helping to minimize odor. The elastic waistband has a drawcord adjustment. Reflectivity provides low-light visibility and a zippered back pocket and small drop-in pocket offers safe places to stow small essentials.
The Smartwool Men's PhD 5" Short is available in a range of size options.
- Regular Fit
- Lightweight stretch-woven outer short with supportive Merino/polyester brief inside
- Fitted internal brief provides thermoregulation, odor management, comfort, and dries quickly
- Striped draw cord for customizable waist fit
- Secure back zip pocket with semi-auto locking zipper pull and drop-in pocket on right side for additional storage
- 360 degree reflectivity for visibility
Best Use Running/Fitness Type Running Shorts Inseam Length 5" Warranty Two-Year Limited Shell Material 86% polyester and 14% elastane Number of Pockets 2 Fit Regular Fit Liner Material 54% Merino wool and 46% polyester
Real Customer Reviews
- I've ran over 100 miles and they still don't stink.
Likes: The brief liner is super comfy
Good zipper pocket
Dislikes: None yet!
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »