The brainchild of renowned backcountry adventurer Andrew Skurka, the Sierra Designs High Route 1 FL solo shelter offers livability, durability, and versatility for use for extended 3-season use. Pitched with trekking poles (not included), the tent saves weight and minimizes packed size.
The shelter consists of a 20D nylon ripstop rainfly and an inner tent body constructed of 15D nylon, no-see-um mesh, and a 30D nylon ripstop floor. Both the fly and the floor have PE treatments that ensure full weather protection. The inner tent measures 90” x 48” and provides 18.8 square feet of space. The fly creates ample protected exterior storage for packs, boots, and other gear. Minimalist backpacker can pitch the rainfly like a floorless tarp and enjoy 36 square feet of interior space.
NOTE: The High Route 1 FL is not freestanding and does require trekking poles. Integrated guyout points and obvious pole placement make pitching the tent surprisingly easy with a little practice. An offset design allows easy entry to the interior of the shelter which isn’t always the case with trekking pole-pitched tents. Lighweight aluminum J stakes are included to ensure a secure, taut pitch.
- Non-freestanding pyramid-inspired design
- Tight catenary cut ridgeline
- Pole-reinforced vertical doors
- Generous dimensions and steep wall angles
- 36 square feet of highly usable interior space
- Both side doors can be guyed out in calm conditions to improve ventilation
- In stormier weather, 5-inch awning vents maintain ventilation
- Doors can be opened from the top using two-way zippers, while remaining protected by the awning
- Tarp and bug nest can be used separately
- Vertical offset poles do not block the entrances or split up the sleeping area
- Simple, intuitive, and fast pitch
- The tarp should be set up first, which keeps the bug nest dry
- Bug nest connects to the tarp with hook-and-ring system
Best Use Backpacking, Mountaineering Warranty Limited Lifetime Average Min Weight 2 lb, 5 oz Average Packed Weight 2 lb, 12 oz Interior Height 43" Floor Area 18.8 sq ft Floor Dimension 90" x 30" Vestibule Area 17.3 sq ft Doors 2 Pole Type Trekking Poles (not included) Number of Poles 2 (not included) Freestanding n/a Clips or Sleeves Hook-and-ring internal clips Interior Storage n/a Material Fly: 20D Nylon Ripstop, WR/1500mm PE
Floor: 30D Nylon Ripstop, WR/3000mm PE
Body: 15D Nylon and No-See-Um mesh
Seam Sealed Yes
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »