A modern update to an iconic 2-man backpacking tent the Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight 2 balances weight performance and price. Fans of this classic tent will be thrilled to find it return with increased interior space and gear storage.
Measuring 89” x 52” (at its widest point) the tent has a 30.3 square foot interior. A vestibule in front of the large front door provides an additional 8.8 square feet of protected external storage.
Two DAC Pressfit aluminum poles provide the non-freestanding tent with structure. Stakes are included to ensure a taut and secure pitch. Ample mesh on the tent body promotes circulation to fight condensation build-up inside the tent. Coated with waterproof polyurethane the 68D poly taffeta fly and 70D nylon taffeta floor are lightweight and durable. All of the seams are tape-sealed to bolster weather protection.
The compatible custom-fit Clip Flashlight 2 Footprint (sold separately) can be used to further protect the floor of the tent from sharp objects mud and ground water.
- Fast & Easy 2 pole setup
- Generous Livable Space, with Large full coverage vestibule
- Full Mesh Body
- 3 lbs 6 oz!
- Large D-Door
- Large single vestibule
- 3 pitch configurations for vestibule door
- Removable Rain Fly
- Interior mesh pockets
- Reflective guylines and guyout loops
- DAC aluminum poles
- Fully taped seams (PVC Free)
- Night Glow included
- Color coded webbing/buckle fly attachment
Best Use Backpacking Other Stuff Sack Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Packed Size 20" x 6" Average Min Weight 3 lbs 6 oz Average Packed Weight 3 lbs 14 oz Interior Height 42" Floor Area 30.3 sq ft Floor Dimension 89" x 52" - 45" Vestibule Area 8.8 sq ft Doors 1 Pole Type DAC Press Fit Pole Diameter 8.7 mm Number of Poles 2 Clips or Sleeves Clips Material Body: 15D Nylon No-See-Um Mesh
Floor:70D Nylon Taffeta, 3000mm
Fly: 68D 190T Poly Taffeta, 1500mm
Seam Sealed Taped Seams
Real Customer Reviews
- Great tent, lightweight with a lot of room.
Likes: 1. Lots of room for 1 person, decent for 2.
2. Would be great for summer to sleep with fly off, tent body is mesh, great for stargazing.
3. Very compact and light weight for the price.
4. Easy to set up.
Dislikes: 1. Not great for low temps. ( Entirely mesh with only the fly keeping you warm)
2. Rain gets in the front when opening fly, if its raining heavily
3. Vestibule is only big enough for shoes, not gear.
4. Not enough stakes to properly guy line so that condensation from fly doesn't come through mesh tent.
5. Needs soil, not freestanding, rocky places will be hard to put the tent up.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »