As backpackers need waterproof protection for their belongings but don’t necessarily need the bulk or maximum durability of a traditional submersible dry bag, the Sea to Summit Lightweight Dry Sack is an ideal alternative.
The dry sack’s 70D nylon fabric is highly durable and is coated for high water-resistance. Fully-taped seams further ensure weather protection and reinforced stitching bolsters strength. A Hypalon roll-top closure provides wide-open access to the sack’s interior but battens down the hatches by using an internal stiffener to create a secure seal. Delrin buckles emit a positive “click” when connected to confirm that you’ve properly protected contents. Oval shaping at the bottom of the dry sack provides structure and makes packing easy.
The Sea to Summit Lightweight Dry Sack is available in your choice of colors and 1L (4.3" x 9.4"), 2L (5.1" x 11.4"), 4L (5.9" x 13"), 8L (6.7" x 18"), 13L (8.6" x 21"), 20L (10" x 24"), and 35L (12" x 27") size options.
- Proper Use:
- Any roll-top dry sack must be closed properly to ensure water can't get in. Begin by folding the Hypalon strip down first and be sure to have at least three rolls before closing the buckle.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects or subjecting the sack to high abrasion, as this could compromise the waterproof fabric.
- Sea to Summit recommends that sensitive electronic devices be 'double bagged' (i.e. putting electronics inside one dry sack then placing this inside a second dry sack). For maximum protection, the use of a waterproof hard case should be considered.
- Not intended for situations where dry sack will be submerged under water.
Real Customer Reviews
- Dry and airtight
Likes: Dry and airtight. Easy to use.
- Essential part of "pack discipline"
Likes: These bags are probably the favorite part of my pack. I bought a 2L red one to use as a first-aid kit; it holds my 2-person safety blanket, roll of leukotape, duct tape (rolled on half a popsicle stick), band aids, ton of gauze, and more without feeling too bulky. The 1L size is perfect for my passport (insert sideways), adaptors, chargers, and USB cords. The colors are much richer in person; I would say the red is brighter and slightly orange, and the blue is more cerulean.
Dislikes: Would like it better with a rectangle bottom as some other brands make. S2S has great quality, but round bottom is less efficient.
Likes: light weight, large!
Dislikes: non so far
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »