By utilizing air permeable 70D waterproof nylon fabrication, the award-winning Sea to Summit eVent Compression Dry Sack allows air to escape without any need for a purge valve. Because of this, you can save weight while still keeping contents protected from moisture.
While the dry sack is not a true submersible, it does deliver a high-level of water protection. Double-stitching, bar-tacked reinforcements, and fully taped seams bolster strength and protectiveness. The roll-top Hypalon closure opens wide for easy loading and unloading. A top lid adds greater protection and serves as the anchor for the side compression straps.
The Sea to Summit Lightweight Dry Sack is available in your choice of XSmall (6" x 14"), Small (7" x 16"), Medium (8" x 18"), Large (9" x 20"), and XLarge (10.5" x 23") size options.
- Unique compression idea - allows air to be pushed out to compress, but water can't get in because of the waterproof, air permeable eVent fabric base
- Rugged 70 D nylon body & lid
- Waterproof seams - double stitched and tape sealed
- Roll top Hypalon; closure with lid and 4 straps evenly compresses and maintains compressed size
- Reinforced stitching on all stress points
- Pull handle on the bottom
- Super compact and very light
- Proper Use: Any roll-top dry sack must be closed properly to ensure water can't get in. Begin by folding the Hypalon strip down first and be sure to have at least three rolls before closing the buckle.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects or subjecting the sack to high abrasion, as this could compromise the waterproof fabric.
- Like all manufacturers of roll-top, fabric dry sacks, Sea to Summit recommends that sensitive electronic devices be double bagged (i.e. putting electronics inside one dry sack then placing this inside a second dry sack). For maximum protection, the use of a waterproof hard case should be considered.
- Not intended for situations where dry sack will be submerged under water.
Real Customer Reviews
- Critical piece of gear
Likes: Love these things. I have a size S for my 40 degree bag and a size M for my 20 degree bag. In each case, there's room for at least an extra pair of socks and my inflatable pillow. Designed well, and they've held up well.
Dislikes: Honestly can't think of anything bad about these things.
- Great compression sack!
Likes: Works perfect for my 35 degree sierra designs quilt. Was able to compress the quilt down very small, and had little trouble pushing the air out considering the sack is waterproof.
Dislikes: It would be nice if one of the straps had a buckle for easy release of contents, but I also know this would add some to the overall weight.
Likes: Easy to use, durable. Lid covers the sack completely so it compresses things evenly.
Likes: Does what it supposed to do. I used it for my tent and it really got super compressed making space for other stuff in my bag.
Likes: Waterproof, Durable and compresses well
Dislikes: None so far
- my favorite compression sack company
Likes: Like the fact it has a wider opening than some other companies. I prefer a wider shorter compression as compared to a narrow taller sack. Also the lid seals the cinch.
- Using for Clothing
Likes: I like that it will keep my clothing dry. I have a second to keep dirty and wet clothing so it does not touch other items in the pack. The compression is nice to make it less bulky.
Likes: Use for our Sierra Designs Zissou sleeping bags, medium fits perfectly, cinches down nicely, material seems durable
- can't go wrong here
Likes: I purchased the small sack, and it fits all my clothes for a weekend to multi-day trip. Haven't had the chance to test waterproof ability yet.
Dislikes: none yet
Likes: Light, with HD straps.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »