Employing an innovative dual-layer design, the inflatable Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Mat has garnered awards for the plush comfort it provides for 3-season backpacking and camping.
Interconnected chambers formed by a dot-welded pattern, the pad’s unique Air Sprung Cells create a supportive sleeping base that better conforms to your sleeping body than traditional vertical or horizontal baffles. A double layer of cells throughout the entirety of the pad bolsters comfort and lets you blow up the bottom layer to full inflation for utmost protection from rough surfaces and fine-tuning the inflation on the top layer to deliver optimal comfort. The redundant design also ensures effectiveness even in the rare instance that one of the layers should puncture in the backcountry.
The 40D ripstop nylon face fabric and internal extrusion-laminated TPU coating bolster durability and longevity of the pad on both the outside and the inside. An anti-microbial treatment in the TPU prevents the moisture introduced by mouth-inflation from causing deterioration issues. Note that the Jetstream Pump Sack and the Air Stream Pump Dry Sack (both sold separately) are available to aid in inflation and cut down even further on moisture concerns.
A stand-out feature on Sea to Summit pads is the low-profile multi-function valve. A one-way design allows you to blow up the pad without any fuss and an internal button lets you make micro adjustments to firmness. A larger port beneath the top portion of the valve makes deflation quick and easy. Additionally, by setting flush to the surface of the pad, the valve also cuts down on potential warranty issues and helps to maintain the compact packed size. In the case of the Comfort Plus Mat, each layer of the pad is equipped with its own valve.
Available in a number of size and shape (standard or Rectangular) options, the Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Mat includes a custom-fit stuff sack and a small repair kit that includes self-adhesive patches and a spare one-way valve flap.
- Available in tapered and rectangular shapes
- Dual layer design ensures a level of built-in redundancy; if you do end up with a puncture in one layer of the mattress, the other layer remains fully functional
- Thickness: 2.5 in / 6.3 cm
- Multi-function valve for easy inflation, deflation and fine tuning of air pressure
- 40D rip-stop nylon face fabric offers the right balance between weight and durability
- TPU lamination process - one used in the medical and aeronautical industries but unique to the outdoor industry - is vastly superior to the roll-to-roll lamination process that is commonly used in outdoor products at present. The TPU bonds better and more consistently, virtually eliminating delamination issues.
- Extended storage instructions: mat should be laid flat, folded as few times as possible with valve open
Best Use Backpacking, Camping R-Value 2.5 Item Weight Small: 22.5 oz
Regular: 25 oz
Regular Rectangular: 28 oz
Large: 30.8 oz
Large Rectangular: 31 oz
Dimensions Small: 66" x 21.5" x 2.5"
Regular: 72" x 21.5" x 2.5"
Regular Rectangular: 72" x 21.5" x 2.5"
Large: 79" x 25" x 2.5"
Large Rectangular: 80" x 26" x 2.5"
Other Stuff Sack and Repair Kit Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Type Inflatable Sleeping Pad Packed Size Small: 4" x 6.5"
Regular: 4" x 6.5"
Regular Rectangular: 4" x 6.5"
Large: 4" x 8"
Large Rectangular: 4" x 6.5"
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »