The innovative and award-winning Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Insulated Mat maximizes comfort and warmth (R-value of 5), making it a high-performance option for year-round backpacking and camping. It even comes with an innovative pump sack that adds additional value by aiding in inflation.
Interconnected chambers formed by a dot-welded pattern, the inflatable pad’s unique Air Sprung Cells create a supportive sleeping base that better conforms to your sleeping body than traditional vertical or horizontal baffles. A double layer of cells throughout the entirety of the pad bolsters comfort and lets you blow up the bottom layer to full inflation for utmost protection from rough surfaces and fine-tuning the inflation on the top layer to deliver optimal comfort. The redundant design also ensures effectiveness even in the rare instance that one of the layers should puncture in the backcountry.
The 40D ripstop nylon face fabric and internal extrusion-laminated TPU coating bolster durability and longevity of the pad on both the outside and the inside. An anti-microbial treatment in the TPU prevents any moisture introduced to the interior of the pad from causing deterioration issues. An included innovative pump sack makes inflation a snap and cuts down even further on moisture concerns. It's also custom-cut to provide a compact fit for the deflated pad.
Dual thermal technologies equip the Comfort Plus Insulated Mat for use in cold temperatures. A lightweight, non-woven metalized fabric, Exkin Platinum creates an internal radiant barrier that keeps the warmth of your body from dissipating. This pliable fabric is also quieter than some “crinklier” fabrics used to achieve heat reflectivity. Additionally, the Thermolite HL-1 synthetic insulation is nestled inside the Air Sprung Cells, delivering high-loft responsiveness and an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio.
A stand-out feature on Sea to Summit pads is the low-profile multi-function valve. A one-way design allows you to blow up the pad without any fuss and an internal button lets you make micro adjustments to firmness. A larger port beneath the top portion of the valve makes deflation quick and easy. Additionally, by setting flush to the surface of the pad, the valve also cuts down on potential warranty issues and helps to maintain the compact packed size. In the case of the Comfort Plus Insulated Mat, each layer of the pad is equipped with its own valve.
Available in a number of size and shape (standard or Rectangular) options, the Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Insulated Mat includes a small repair kit that includes self-adhesive patches and a spare one-way valve flap.
- Innovative pump sack included for ease of inflation
- Exkin Platinum fabric and Thermolite insulation are combined to prevent radiant and convective heat loss
- Available in tapered and rectangular shapes
- Thickness: 2.5 in / 6.3 cm
- Dual layer design ensures a level of built-in redundancy; if you do end up with a puncture in one layer of the mattress, the other layer remains fully functional
- Multi-function valve for easy inflation, deflation and fine tuning of air pressure
- 40D rip-stop nylon face fabric offers the right balance between weight and durability
- TPU lamination process - one used in the medical and aeronautical industries but unique to the outdoor industry - is vastly superior to the roll-to-roll lamination process that is commonly used in outdoor products at present. The TPU bonds better and more consistently, virtually eliminating delamination issues
- Comes with a quality stuff sack, a repair kit containing six self adhesive patches for repairing punctures in the field, and a spare silicone one-way valve flap
- Comfort Plus Insulated mats should be used right side up. A Sea to Summit logo and size graphic are printed on the side of the mat that should be up when in use
- Extended storage instructions: mat should be laid flat, folded as few times as possible with valves open
Best Use Backpacking, Camping R-Value 5.0 Item Weight Small: 25.2 oz
Regular: 27.6 oz
Regular Rectangular: 32.4 oz
Large: 36 oz
Large Rectangular: 41.2 oz
Dimensions Small: 66" x 21.5" x 2.5"
Regular: 72" x 21.5" x 2.5"
Regular Rectangular: 72" x 21.5" x 2.5"
Large: 79" x 25" x 2.5"
Large Rectangular: 80" x 26" x 2.5"
Other Pump Sack, Stuff Sack, and Repair Kit Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Type Inflatable Sleeping Pad Packed Size Small: 5" x 9"
Regular: 5" x 9"
Regular Rectangular: 5" x 9"
Large: 5" x 10"
Large Rectangular: 5" x 10"
Real Customer Reviews
- happy fussy back!
Likes: Took this on our first camping trip, and was shocked to be comfortable. I have scoliosis and difficulty finding just regular home mattresses. I presumed camping would send me to the chiropractor, no matter what pad I used. But I did lots of research, and the interlocking chambers were indeed magic - they seemed to conform to all the different bits of support my back needed. (My husband prefers firmer mattresses, is a side sleeper, and uses the Big Agnes, which was way too stiff & unyielding for my spine.) I mostly sleep on my back, but even when i turned on my side, I never felt the ground. It was incredibly easy to inflate (to 'puffs' in the pump sack for each side), and didn't lose any air over 3 days. Couldn't be happier.
Dislikes: So far, no complaints.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »