With an R-value of 4.2 and construction that effectively balances comfort and weight, the inflatable Sea to Summit Comfort Light Insulated Mat is a versatile option for year-round backpacking or camping.
Interconnected chambers formed by a dot-welded pattern, the pad’s unique Air Sprung Cells create a supportive sleeping base that better conforms to your sleeping body than traditional vertical or horizontal baffles. A double layer of cells situated in the torso maximizes comfort where you need it most while the single layer construction at the head and feet help to keep weight to a minimum.
The 40D ripstop nylon face fabric and internal extrusion-laminated TPU coating bolster durability and longevity of the pad on both the outside and the inside. An anti-microbial treatment in the TPU prevents the moisture introduced by mouth-inflation from causing deterioration issues. Note that the Jetstream Pump Sack and the Air Stream Pump Dry Sack (both sold separately) are available to aid in inflation and cut down even further on moisture concerns.
Dual thermal technologies equip the Comfort Light Insulated Mat for use in colder temperatures. A lightweight, non-woven metalized fabric, Exkin Platinum creates an internal radiant barrier that keeps the warmth of your body from dissipating. This pliable fabric is also quieter than some “crinklier” fabrics used to achieve heat reflectivity. Additionally, the Thermolite HL-1 synthetic insulation is nestled inside the Air Sprung Cells, delivering high-loft responsiveness and an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio.
A stand-out feature on Sea to Summit pads is the low-profile multi-function valve. A one-way design allows you to blow up the pad without any fuss and an internal button lets you make micro adjustments to firmness. A larger port beneath the top portion of the valve makes deflation quick and easy. Additionally, by setting flush to the surface of the pad, the valve also cuts down on potential warranty issues and helps to maintain the compact packed size.
Available in a variety of sizes, the Sea to Summit UltraLight Insulated Mat includes a custom-fit stuff sack and a small repair kit that includes self-adhesive patches and a spare one-way valve flap.
- Exkin Platinum fabric and Thermolite insulation are combined to prevent radiant and convective heat loss
- Thickness: 2.5 in / 6.3 cm
- Multi-function valve for easy inflation, deflation and fine tuning of air pressure
- 40D rip-stop nylon face fabric offers the right balance between weight and durability
- TPU lamination process - one used in the medical and aeronautical industries but unique to the outdoor industry - is vastly superior to the roll-to-roll lamination process that is commonly used in outdoor products at present. The TPU bonds better and more consistently, virtually eliminating delamination issues.
- Extended storage instructions: mat should be laid flat, folded as few times as possible with valve open
Best Use Backpacking, Camping R-Value 4.2 Item Weight Small: 20.1 oz
Regular: 21.8 oz
Large: 26.6 oz
Dimensions Small: 66" x 21.5" x 2.5"
Regular: 72" x 21.5" x 2.5"
Large: 79" x 25" x 2.5"
Other Stuff Sack and Repair Kit Included Warranty Limited Lifetime Type Inflatable Sleeping Pad Packed Size Small: 4.5" x 9"
Regular: 4.5" x 9"
Large: 4.5" x 10"
Real Customer Reviews
- Best sleep I've had in the backcountry. Finally upgraded from a Klymit Recon that just wasn't doing it for me. This pad is perfect!
Likes: Comfy, Comfy and Comfy
Warm for these cold NY summers
Air valve is the best design going
Dislikes: No dislikes after using it a few times. My only concern is durability and I can't comment on that.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »