Ideal for kayaking and canoeing but suitable for backpacking trips that call for maximum protection, the mid-weight Sea to Summit Big River Dry Bag is highly durable, extremely abrasion-resistant, and fully waterproof.
The dry bag’s rugged 420D nylon fabric is highly durable and has a TPU lamination to guarantee protection from moisture. Fully-taped seams further ensure weather protection and reinforced stitching bolsters strength. A waterproof Hypalon roll-top closure provides wide-open access to the bag’s interior but battens down the hatches by using an internal stiffener to create a secure seal. Oval shaping at the bottom of the dry bag provides structure and makes packing easy.
The Sea to Summit Lightweight Dry Sack is available in a wide array of color options and 3 Liter (7” x 4” x 11”; 2.5 oz), 5 Liter (7” x 4” x 15”; 2.9 oz), 8 Liter (8” x 5” x 17”; 3.5 oz), 13 Liter (9” x 6” x 20”; 4.2 oz), 20 Liter (11” x 7” x 24”; 6 oz), 35 Liter (13” x 8” x 28”; 7.7 oz), and 65 Liter (15” x 10” x 33”; 10 oz) sizes.
- TPU laminated fabric with 10,000 mm waterhead
- Super strong and abrasion resistant 420 D nylon fabric
- Waterproof, double stitched, reinforced, tape sealed seams
- Hypalon lash loops for secure attachment or stacking
- Waterproof Hypalon roll top closure does not wick moisture
- Space saving, low profile, streamlined shape
- Oval base resists rolling - stays where you put it Proper Use:
- Any roll-top dry sack must be closed properly to ensure water can't get in. Begin by folding the Hypalon strip down first and be sure to have at least three rolls before closing the buckle.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects or subjecting the sack to high abrasion, as this could compromise the waterproof fabric.
- Sea to Summit recommends that sensitive electronic devices be 'double bagged' (i.e. putting electronics inside one dry sack then placing this inside a second dry sack). For maximum protection, the use of a waterproof hard case should be considered.
- Not intended for situations where dry sack will be submerged under water.
Real Customer Reviews
- Great bag, bigger the better.
Likes: The color.
The loops for straps if needed.
Dislikes: Got a little water in it after dunking it completely with about 8 turns at the top of the bag. But my friend sealed it so not sure if it was closed properly.
- Good dry bag
Likes: I have been using these bags for a couple trips now and like them very much. Well constructed and easy to use. The biggest thing that I like about them is that they are softer than some of the other styles of waterproof bags. I am guessing that this will make them less durable over time but I have no indications right now that this bag will not perform well for many years.
- Great durable dry bags!
Likes: Nice size, fits nicely in packs and seals well. I've not purchased dry bags in 20 years or so; I suspect these may last even longer than my last ones (the fabric seems more durable).
Dislikes: For canoe portages I wish they were lighter, then I'd be giving up durability.
- Packaging not recyclable!
Likes: Well made. Performs the intended function.
Dislikes: Seriously? The plastic package for this dry bag is thick and heavy. I looked all over for a recycle emblem. None! How can a company that focuses on outdoor equipment not be more environmentally conscious? Two suggestions: 1) Reduce the packaging and 2) Make it recyclable and clearly marked as such.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »