No Videos Available
Soft, warm, lightweight and packable, the Ruff Wear Highlands Bed allows your backpacking and camping dog to enjoy nights in the backcountry. Durable, water-resistant, quick-drying shell fabric protects the Highlands Bed from wear and tear while high-loft synthetic insulation insulates your dog against cold ground temperatures.
Despite providing a sprawling 35" x 26" x 1.6" sleeping base, the Highlands Bed packs down to just 12" x 5" and stashes inside its very own stuff sack. At a weight of just 14 ounces, the Highlands Bed is ready for life on the trail. The Highlands Bed is even small enough for your dog to carry it in his or her Ruff Wear Palisades Pack (sold separately). Four integrated stake out loops allows you to secure the Highlands Bed to the ground and come in handy for hanging it up to dry or for storage after you've returned home from your adventures.
- Synthetic high loft Thermore insulation (with 50% recycled content) insulates dog from ground
- Water-resistant, quick-drying shell (made from 40% recycled PET fabric)
- Durable shell fabric protects bed from dog nails and campsite debris
- Four stake-out loops to secure bed to ground or for hanging to dry
- Stuff sack included for storage and compressibility
- Fits in all sizes of the Ruff Wear Palisades Pack (sold separately)
Likes: At first I thought this bed is way too small for a medium to large size dog, I've got a 7- lbs. lab. He cannot fully stretch out on his side which he mostly does but I've noticed after a long day on the trail he tends to curl up. With that said, this bed is great! It packs up small and offers enough protection and comfort to be worth while. Combine it with a XS therma rest self inflatable and your dog's got a sleep system just as good as your own.
Dislikes: A bit expensive but the pack-ability is great!