The Big Agnes Rattlesnake SL 3 mtnGLO tent is an excellent balance of weight livability and durability. The tent is even equipped with its own built-in lighting making it an excellent option for 3-season backpacking or camping.
The internal dimensions of the Rattlesnake SL 3 mtnGLO tent are 88" long by 70" wide. With 43 square feet of interior space and a trail weight of only 4 pounds 11 ounces the tent can serve as a comfortable home for three or as a sprawling shelter for two. Dual vestibules offer 18 square feet (9 square feet per vestibule) of additional weather-protected external storage space. Four interior mesh pockets provide places to stash gear and clothes while media pockets located above the sleeping area enable headphone/ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices. Integrated gear loft loops offer a connection point for the Big Agnes Wall Gear Loft (sold separately). The tent is also compatible with the Big Agnes Entertainment Loft and the Powercase/Loft with Joey T55 (also sold separately).
Offering enough light to effectively illuminate the interior of the tent patent-pending mtnGLO technology integrates a strand of LED lights directly into the tent seams. Durable and flexible the strand holds up to the wear of pitching and tearing down. A simple push-button controller allows you to toggle through on off and 50% brightness settings. The light is powered by 3 AAA batteries (not included) but can also be lit by any USB power source.
The Rattlesnake SL 3 mtnGLO tent's DAC Pressfit aluminum poles are lightweight and durable. The single hub/pole design works in conjunction with the tent body's integrated clips to make pitching the tent fast easy and intuitive. An additional short section of pole runs across the roof of the tent pulling the tent body taut increasing the verticality of the interior walls and helping to maximize the spaciousness of the two vestibules.
Ample mesh on the tent body and the dual doors encourages cross ventilation and provides circulation to fight condensation build-up. Coated with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane the rip-stop nylon floor and rainfly are lightweight and durable. All of the tent’s seams are seal-taped with waterproof solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOCs) to further protect the tent from the elements. If you want to travel lighter leave the tent body at home and use the rainfly alone with the optional Rattlesnake SL 3 mtnGLO Footprint (sold separately) for a tarp-style set-up that weighs a mere 3 pounds 10 ounces.
- Features the mtnGLO tent lighting system to illuminate the tent with durable LED lights
- Simple push button controller sets the lights to on, off, or 50% brightness
- LED light strand integrated into tent seams and is durable and flexible enough to withstand repeated tent pitching and stuffing
- The mtnGLO light controller is powered by three AAA batteries (not included)
- Two doors and two vestibules
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Quick Stash on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door simple and easy
- Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean ear bud cord routing from phones or other devices
- Symmetrical pole structure simplifies set up
- Fly and floor are nylon rip-stop
- Fly and floor have 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is breathable nylon and polyester mesh
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (no PVC or VOC's)
- Plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
- DAC pole system with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs
- Hub pole design
- 8 lightweight aluminum hook stakes
- Four interior mesh pockets
- Two internal media pockets
- Gear Loft loops included
- Footprint sold separately
- Fast Fly setup available
- Fits Big Agnes Wall gear loft, sold separately
- Compatible with Big Agnes Entertainment Loft, sold separately
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Average Min Weight 4 lb 11 oz Average Packed Weight 5 lb 4 oz Warranty Limited Lifetime Vestibule Area 9 sq ft + 9 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 3 Seasons 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC Aluminum Packed Size 7" x 21" Number of Poles 2 Hubbed Material Fly and Floor: Silicone-treated Nylon Rip-Stop w/1200mm waterproof PU coating
Body: Nylon and Polyester mesh
Interior Storage 4 storage pockets; 2 media pockets Interior Height 47" Floor Dimension 88" x 70" Floor Area 43 sq ft Doors 2 Clips or Sleeves Clips
Real Customer Reviews
- Did exactly what I wanted it to
Likes: Easy set up. Weatherproof. Lightweight. Fits in backpack.
Dislikes: Zipper got caught in the fabric on the fly screen.
- Really liking this tent, haven't had a chance to go camping yet, but set it up in my yard. Super fast to setup, well be perfect for my son and I with extra room which is exactly what I wanted.
Likes: Fast setup, light weight, lighting, high quality
Dislikes: price but 20% off helped!
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »