Comprising the Tikka XP and Tikka +, Petzl Active series headlamps are ideal for hikers, climbers, spelunkers, and anyone in need of hands-free illumination.
Lightweight, compact and extremely versatile, the Petzl Tikka XP headlamp is an ideal option for hikers, climbers, spelunkers and anyone in need of hands-free illumination in the outdoors with several diverse lighting modes. The Tikka XP produces a strong multi-beam of light while providing a burn time of about 100 hours in close-range vision mode.
A large electronic push-button makes the Tikka XP simple to operate. Several LED bulbs work together to produce a maximum brightness of 160 lumens (in Boost mode, which provides temporary access to maximum power), sufficient to cast light over 230 feet. Additional lighting modes include proximity lighting, lighting for travel, long-range vision (120 lumens, 164 feet), red lighting and strobe mode (in either white or red), which is usable at any time to signal one's presence. A hinge on the housing of the lamp enables you to aim the beam where you need it most.
The Tikka XP is powered by three AAA batteries (included), and will also accept rechargeable Ni-MH or lithium batteries in size AAA. Battery life management technology allows you to easily anticipate battery replacement by automatically switching to reserve mode when batteries are almost drained (signaled by blinking light), and when batteries are practically empty, switching to red lighting to preserve a minimal amount of lighting for safety. With batteries, the Tikka XP weighs 3 ounces.
Water-resistant and suitable for all-weather use, the Petzl Tikka XP headlamp includes a comfortable, adjustable and washable elastic headband and is available in your choice of colors.
- Constant Lighting: Brightness Does Not Decrease Gradually as the Batteries are Drained
- Proximity Mode: Wide, Uniform Beam
- Movement Mode: Mixed Beam with Focused Component Allows User to Move Around Comfortably
- Long-Range Vision Mode: Focused Beam
- Boost Mode for temporary access to maximum power
- Red Lighting for Discreet Close Range Vision
- Strobe Mode for Signaling One’s Presence, Accessible at Any Time
- Automatically Switches to Reserve Mode When Batteries are Almost Drained (signaled by blinking light)
- Red Lighting Switches on When Batteries are Practically Empty to Preserve a Minimal Amount of Lighting
- Push-Button is Easy to Use, Even with Gloves On
- Mixed Fabric and Elastic Headband for Improved Comfort and Positioning During Dynamic Activities
- Washable Headband
- Battery Case Opens Easily for Changing Batteries
Recommended Use Backpacking, Hiking and Trai Running Batteries 3 AAA/LR03 Batteries (included); Compatible with Rechargeable Ni-Mh Batteries and Lithium Batteries Bulb Proximity Mode: 110 Lumens
Boost Mode: 140 Lumens
Waterproof IP X4, Weather Resistant Warranty 3-Year Limited Item Weight 3 oz Housing Tilts Yes Focus Proximity or Wide