Equipped with Reactive lighting, a powerful LED bulb and varied settings, the high-performance Petzl Tikka RXP is ready for adventure.
Equipped with Reactive lighting, a powerful LED bulb and varied settings, the high-performance Petzl Tikka RXP is ready for adventure. The innovative, feature-rich Tikka RXP is lightweight, compact and easy to use.
Petzl’s Reactive Lighting employs an integrated light sensor that measures and analyzes reflected light to instantly and automatically adjust the headlamp’s beam pattern (wide and/or focused) and light output to your needs. Lighting adjusts automatically to the distance of the object in front of you and it adjusts so quickly and indiscernibly that all you’ll notice is that your headlamp gives you the illumination you need in varying conditions. If you’re hiking or running and looking toward the ground in front of you, the beam is wide and at medium strength in order to properly illuminate obstacles in your path. When lifting your head to see further into the distance, the light output increases and becomes more focused.
A user-friendly electronic push-button allows you to choose between the Reactive setting and a Constant lighting mode that provides a stable, unchanging beam. A second button allows you to toggle between Maximum power, Standard (which balances power/battery life) and a Max Autonomy setting that prioritizes battery life over brightness. These three settings are available for both Reactive and Constant modes.
At the Maximum Power setting in Reactive Mode, the Tikka RXP produces up to 215 Lumens of illumination and casts a beam up to 360 feet! The Standard setting increases burn time to 5 hours with a maximum brightness of 160 Lumens and the lowest, most economical setting increases burn time to up to 10 hours at a max of 80 Lumens. In Constant Mode, the three settings vary between 150 max Lumens to an energy-efficient 45 Lumens. There is also an available red LED mode that allows users to maintain night vision for when the light is turned off.
The Tikka RXP is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (included) and includes a micro-USB charger. The total weight of the Tikka RXP is 4.1 ounces.
A hinge on the housing of the lamp enables you to aim the beam where you need it most. A comfortable, adjustable headband with 2-part construction at the back of the head offers maximum support for aerobic activities.
Water-resistant and suitable for all-weather use, the Petzl Tikka RXP is available in your choice of colors.
- REACTIVE LIGHTING mode Light output and beam pattern adjust automatically, thanks to a light sensor. Light output is optimized to guarantee the chosen burn time. This automatic lighting adjustment keeps the hands as free as possible
- Constant lighting mode is also available, guaranteeing stable lighting that does not diminish during the entire chosen burn time
- Maximum light output: 180 lumens
- Three lighting levels available: Max power (power prioritized), Standard (power/battery life balance), Max autonomy (battery life prioritized)
- Red lighting mode preserves night vision (red LED)
- Two independent switches simplify usage: one for lighting mode (REACTIVE LIGHTING or constant), the other to choose between the three lighting levels; Lock function to avoid accidentally turning it on during transit or storage
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery: universal charging with micro USB port, battery charge indicator, performs well at low temperatures, can be replaced with standard battery pack for use in remote areas
- Comfortable headband is easy to adjust Two-part construction at the back of the head for excellent support during dynamic activities
- Customized burn time with OS by Petzl software, free for download at www.petzl.com/OS
Recommended Use Backpacking, Camping, Hiking and Trail Running Batteries Lithium-Ion Rechargeable (Included) Battery Life 2 hours 45 minutes-10 hours Bulb 181 Lumens; 2 high-power White LEDs and 1 Red LED Waterproof Water-Resistant Other Mini-USB Charger Included Item Weight 4.06 oz Housing Tilts Yes Focus Wide, Mixed or Focused
- So Far So Good
Likes: Love the reflective lighting. Very cool feature. Comfortable to wear. rechargeable battery is a big plus. Made setting up camp at night a breeze. very bright, lots of modes, also has red light.
Dislikes: Need to buy an additional piece to use disposable batteries. Battery life.
Likes: Love it, a big pricey but great features!
Dislikes: So far so good
Likes: The automatically adjusting light is very cool. I also like the different settings and brightness in both red and white for different situations. Pretty comfortable fit with a sweatband-like material against your head.
Dislikes: A little pricy for a headlamp. I wish the battery would last longer.