A fully waterproof and breathable 2.5 layer hard shell, the Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket is an excellent lightweight option for hikers and backpackers seeking a balance of features and minimalistic design for wet weather.
Offering a balance of features and minimalistic design, the Torrentshell Jacket offers durable weather protection that packs into one of the hand pockets for storage. Patagonia uses its H2No Barrier technology to keep the elements on the outside while you remain dry inside. Patagonia's 2.5-layer H2No shell fabrics are waterproof, windproof, breathable and very packable. Water-repellent shell fabric combined with an H2No waterproof barrier and a raised pattern on the inside help to make the Torrentshell's fabric light and compressible. Pit zips with storm flaps allow for increased ventilation. The hood rolls down, stows away, and has a laminated visor with peripheral vision adjustment drawcords that let you fine tune the fit when the weather gets nasty.
Other features of the Torrentshell Jacket include low-profile storm flaps at the front zipper, Velcro adjustable cuffs and an adjustable drawcord hem. Two zippered hand pockets and a single interior drop-in pocket stow needed items like a wallet or phone, while a soft, micro-fleeced lined collar offers comfort and durability in a region of the jacket that sees a lot of wear.
Available in a variety of size and color options, the Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket offers a regular fit that layers well over light to medium weight fleece, sweaters or base layers.
- H2No Performance Standard shell with waterproof/breathable 2.5-layer nylon ripstop repels moisture
- 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
- Center-front zipper features minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard
- Two handwarmer pockets
- Pit Zips
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out moisture
- Welted exterior storm flaps and DWR-treated zippers
- Stows in handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking, Casual, Travel Jacket Back Length Hip-Length Warranty Lifetime Limited Type Waterproof/Breathable Shell Shell Material H2NO 2.5L with DWR (100% nylon ripstop) Other Pit Zips and Packs into Pocket Number of Pockets 2 Hood Yes; Adjustable Fit Regular-Fit
Real Customer Reviews
- Lightweight and well made
Likes: Lightweight, well made, nice hood
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »