A fully waterproof and breathable 2.5 layer hard shell, the Patagonia Men’s Torrentshell Jacket is an excellent lightweight option for hikers and backpackers seeking a balance of features and minimalistic design for wet weather.
Waterproof, windproof, and breathable, bluesign-approved 50D Patagonia H2No recycled nylon ripstop fabric wards off the elements while keeping you dry and comfortable on the inside. Pit zips with storm flaps allow for increased ventilation. The hood rolls down, stows away, and has a laminated visor with peripheral vision adjustment drawcords that allow you to fine tune the fit when the weather gets nasty.
Other fit features of the Torrentshell Jacket include low-profile storm flaps on the front zipper, Velcro adjustable cuffs, and an adjustable drawcord hem. A micro-fleece lined color offers enhanced comfort. Two zippered hand pockets and a single interior drop-in pocket safely stow valuables. One of the pockets also doubles as a stuff sack for the jacket.
Available in a variety of size and color options, the Patagonia Men’s Torrentshell Jacket offers a regular fit that layers well over low-profile base layers and midlayers.
- 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable H2No Performance Standard shell, now with a 100% recycled nylon face fabric. Fabric is bluesign approved
- Two-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows with a simplified cord-and-hook design
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
- Center-front zipper features minimal-welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets and venting pit zips; all with welted exterior storm flaps and DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zippers
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out precip
- Jacket self-stuffs into handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- Weighs 12.1 ounces
- Country of origin: Vietnam
- Materials: H2No Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.9-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Fabric is bluesign approved
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking, Casual, Travel Jacket Back Length Hip-Length Type Waterproof/Breathable Shell Warranty Limited Lifetime Shell Material H2NO 2.5-Layer, 2.9 oz 50D 100% Nylon Ripstop with DWR Hood Yes; Adjustable Number of Pockets 3 Fit Regular Fit Other Bluesign Approved Fabric, Pit Zips and Packs into Pocket
Real Customer Reviews
- Jacket fit was great will work well over a light coat.
Likes: Jacket fit is great will work well on hikes. First hike is in 4 weeks
- Awesome shell! Perfect when paired with a hoodie
Likes: A reliable shell that will keep you happy in windy and rainy conditions. Purchased this before a 10-day trip throughout Ireland and wore it every day paired with a hoodie. Really unique color offerings as well.
Dislikes: Pretty thin and runs big. I normally wear Large but had to exchange for a Medium.
- Effective Jacket
Likes: Tried out the jacket during some heavy downpours and it was effective to keep the rain off. It's lightweight enough to pack up in my backpack.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »