A true hybrid, multi-sport shoe, the Patagonia Footwear Women’s Rover offers lightweight responsiveness for trail running while incorporating fit and underfoot performance for peak bagging and technical approaches.
The Rover’s upper has dual fabrication to offer both protection and breathability. Abrasion-resistant air mesh helps to keep your foot from over-heating and allows the shoe to drain and dry should it become wet. Synthetic leather and a protective toe rand bolster durability and help to soften the blow of rocks and roots. A dual-density (softer at the heel, harder at the ball of the foot) EVA midsole provides underfoot protection. A heel wedge provides increased cushioning and a low-profile ESS plate protects the forefoot.
A self-centering, stretch gusseted tongue keeps out debris and a variable lacing fit runs out to the toe, similar to a climbing shoe, offering maximum adjustability for footing and comfort.
An extra-sticky rubber outsole provides excellent traction on varying terrain and on both wet and dry surfaces. The toe has a distinctly climbing-like construction to aid in "edging" while the traction-focused rear foot responds well to loose surfaces. With a 15mm heel and 9.7mm forefoot, the Women’s Rover has a 5.3mm drop.
Sold in pairs, the Patagonia Footwear Women’s Rover multi-sport trail shoe is available in women’s full and half sizes.
- Abrasion-resistant air mesh/synthetic leather upper with toe rand balances protection and lightweight breathability
- Self-centering, stretch gusseted tongue keeps out debris
- Variable lacing system allows for fully adjustable fit for improving footing/comfort when ascending and descending
- Integrated 2mm footbed with Dri-Lex lining provides temperature and moisture control
- Soft-flexing 4mm drop midsole provides natural foot strike; 20% dual-density EVA (heel is softer; ball harder)
- Heel wedge provides increased cushioning; 0.8mm forefoot ESS plate protects from rocks
- Patagonia extra sticky rubber outsole provides essential grip on a variety of terrain
- Climbing focused toe area for edging; traction-focused rear foot for loose surfaces
- 15mm/9.7mm stack height
- Medium width, tapered last/light arch support/performance true to size
Best Use Hiking, Running/Fitness Upper Material Air Mesh and Synthetic Leather Type Multi-Sport Trail Shoe (Pair) Toe Protection Yes; Toe Rand Outsole Extra-Sticky Rubber Number of Eyelets Eight Midsole Dual-Density EVA Item Weight 14.6 oz /pair Fit Best for medium feet; Roomy toebox
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »