With a 50+ UPF rating and a broad brim, the Helios Sun Hat provides extreme protection from the sun. An external drawcord adjustment ensures a comfortable fit and the TransAction headband wicks moisture and enhances comfort.
The Outdoor Research Helios Sun Hat is available in M, L and XL sizes and your choice of Khaki or Sand color options.
- SolarShield construction
- Ripstop nylon/polyester blend; UPF 50+
- Foam-stiffened brim floats
- TransAction headband for comfort and moisture management
- External drawcord adjustment
- Removable chin cord with cordlock
- Avg. weight: 2.3 oz/65 g (size L)
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking Type Sun Hat Material Ripstop nylon/polyester blend, rated UPF 50+ Item Weight 2.3oz (65g)
Real Customer Reviews
- Very comfortable hat
Likes: Works exactly as advertised. I typically use this hat while kayaking. Would also be helpful in rain.
Dislikes: None so far!
- Great. Fits well and is easily adjusted. Kept my face and neck from burning. The only thing keeping me from rating it 5 stars is its lack of ventilation. Although the fabric is thin and seemingly breathable, it kept in more heat than desired.
Likes: Light. Crushable/packable.
Dislikes: Lack of ventilation holes/mesh.
Likes: Light, nearly weightless.
Dislikes: This hat has a HUGE brim to it that wasn't apparent in the photos. If you're used to a boonie style sun hat, this one will feel like you're wearing a parasol. This isn't necessarily bad as long as you want a huge brim.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »