Ideal for long day hikes, the Osprey Kestrel 28 balances weight, storage capacity (1500+ cubic inches), features, price and performance. A lightweight, supportive suspension enables the Kestrel 28 to comfortably carry loads of up to 30 pounds!
Employing ridge molded foam and built-in air channels, the Kestrel 28's AirScape backpanel provides flexible support and breathability to combat heat build-up between your back and the pack body. The Small/Medium Kestrel 28 is designed to fit torso lengths ranging from 16"-20" and the Medium/Large size fits 19”-23” torsos. The padded, contoured hipbelt, and padded shoulder straps aid in stability and load transfer. An adjustable sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance fit. Side compression straps cinch down to keep the contents of the pack safely in.
The top-loading 1500+ cubic-inch capacity packbag is accessed beneath a fixed top lid that incorporates zippered compartments for gear storage. A large stretch woven pocket on the front of the pack keeps layers close at hand.
Other features include Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachments, tuck-away ice axe loops, daisy chain attachment points, an included raincover, a safety whistle built into the sternum strap, zippered hibpelt pockets, and stretch side water bottle pockets. An external sleeve is ideal for a hydration system (not included).
The Osprey Kestrel 28 day pack is available in your choice of size and color options.
- Fixed top lid provides top loader access to main compartment
- Zippered hipbelt pockets
- Top lid zippered pocket and under lid zippered mesh pocket
- External hydration sleeve
- Front panel stretch mesh pocket
- Tuck away ice tool loop and bungee tie-offs
- Dual front panel daisy chains
- Integrated raincover
- Web attachment points on top lid
- Upper and lower reverse StraightJacket side compression straps
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment
- Dual stretch mesh side pockets
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking Access Top Loading Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Small/Medium: 1587 cu in
Medium/Large: 1709 cu in
Type Day pack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 30 lbs Material 210D nylon ripstop and 420HD nylon packcloth Item Weight Small/Medium: 2.6 lbs
Medium/Large: 2.73 lbs
Torso Adjustment n/a Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small/Medium: 16"-20"
Fits Waist Small/Medium: 26"-45"
Dimensions 25" x 12" x 13" Detachable Daypack n/a
Real Customer Reviews
- As with all Osprey packs the Kestrel highest quality. Constructed of heavier materials and a sturdier hip belt and harness system than the Talon series, it’s better able to carry comfortably heavier, bulkier loads than comparable loads.
Likes: Comfortable, great build quality, unbeatable guarantee
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »