With a weight of only 2.6 ounces, a compact design, and a high heat output, the MSR PocketRocket 2 canister stove is a favorite of backpackers and thru-hikers.
The sturdy, efficient burner is capable of boiling water in as little as 3.5 minutes. An integrated control bar adjusts the flame from simmer to boil with ease. Serrated pot supports accommodate a broad range of cook pots (sold separately) and fold down to allow the stove to store conveniently in the included hard-sided case.
NOTE: The stove requires an MSR IsoPro fuel canister which is not included and is not available for purchase online.
California residents: view proposition 65 WARNING
- Weighs a mere 73 g (2.6 oz.), keeping pack weight to a minimum
- Folding pot supports pack down small; stove with case fits inside MSR Titan Cup (sold separately)
- Boils 1 liter of water in 3.5 minutes
- Robust pot supports accommodate a wide range of pot sizes
- Included ultralight hard-shell carry case protects cookware and other contents of your pack
Best Use Backpacking Item Weight 2.6 oz Other Hard shell carry case included Warranty 5-Year Fuel IsoPro canister (80% Isobutane/20% propane) Average Boil Time 3.5 minutes Stability Good Cold Weather Performance Fair
Real Customer Reviews
- Light, Small, Works Perfectly!
Likes: It's extremely lightweight and packs well. Works very good even in wind.
Dislikes: None so far.
- classic one
Likes: I purchased it after I used my friend's one during our camping. Like it a lot.
Dislikes: No so far.
- Awesome product
Likes: I love this product, it’s so compact and comes with its own storage container that fits perfect in my camping pot for easy and compact storage. Glad I purchased this!
Dislikes: No dislikes!
- Dependable lightweight stove
Likes: I use this as a backup to my MSR Windburner stove.
- Great product
Likes: Fast effective fir heating up water. Small compact and substantial protective case
- Great little stove
Likes: Boils water super quick, easily packable, simmer control
Dislikes: Sounds like a jet is taking off when turned on full blast
- Nice Stove
Likes: Lightweight and well built. Very compact and reliable
- Origami designed stove - Very clever
Likes: I bought the MSR POCKETROCKET about six years ago and now needed a second one. My first one still works perfectly in every aspect. I thought the first one was cleverly designed, but the MSR POCKETROCKET 2 is even more ingenious. It's a great little stove (and puzzle folding it).
- Extremely Lightweight and Impressively Reliable
Likes: - Extremely lightweight
- Built very solid out of beautifully milled aluminum
- Efficient and powerful (a small gas canister is more than plenty to cook/boil water for 2 people for a 3 day trip)
- Works great even in windy or humid conditions
Dislikes: Honestly, I can't think of anything that I dislike about the pocket rocket.
- Super compact and durable
Likes: - Feels very solid, not flimsy at all.
- Very light.
Dislikes: - The case is a bit bigger than it needs to be, could compact a bit more.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »