With a weight of only 2.6 ounces, a compact design, and a high heat output, the MSR PocketRocket 2 canister stove is a favorite of backpackers and thru-hikers.
The sturdy, efficient burner is capable of boiling water in as little as 3.5 minutes. An integrated control bar adjusts the flame from simmer to boil with ease. Serrated pot supports accommodate a broad range of cook pots (sold separately) and fold down to allow the stove to store conveniently in the included hard-sided case.
NOTE: The stove requires an MSR IsoPro fuel canister which is not included and is not available for purchase online.
- Weighs a mere 73 g (2.6 oz.), keeping pack weight to a minimum
- Folding pot supports pack down small; stove with case fits inside MSR Titan Cup (sold separately)
- Boils 1 liter of water in 3.5 minutes
- Robust pot supports accommodate a wide range of pot sizes
- Included ultralight hard-shell carry case protects cookware and other contents of your pack
Best Use Backpacking Item Weight 2.6 oz Other Hard shell carry case included Warranty 5-Year Fuel IsoPro canister (80% Isobutane/20% propane) Average Boil Time 3.5 minutes Stability Good Cold Weather Performance Fair
Real Customer Reviews
- Great little stove
Likes: Boils water super quick, easily packable, simmer control
Dislikes: Sounds like a jet is taking off when turned on full blast
- Nice Stove
Likes: Lightweight and well built. Very compact and reliable
- Origami designed stove - Very clever
Likes: I bought the MSR POCKETROCKET about six years ago and now needed a second one. My first one still works perfectly in every aspect. I thought the first one was cleverly designed, but the MSR POCKETROCKET 2 is even more ingenious. It's a great little stove (and puzzle folding it).
- Extremely Lightweight and Impressively Reliable
Likes: - Extremely lightweight
- Built very solid out of beautifully milled aluminum
- Efficient and powerful (a small gas canister is more than plenty to cook/boil water for 2 people for a 3 day trip)
- Works great even in windy or humid conditions
Dislikes: Honestly, I can't think of anything that I dislike about the pocket rocket.
- Super compact and durable
Likes: - Feels very solid, not flimsy at all.
- Very light.
Dislikes: - The case is a bit bigger than it needs to be, could compact a bit more.
- What's not to love
Likes: Solid design, all parts feel sturdy, nothing is loose or wiggles. Packs up small and produces heat.
- Have yet to find better
Likes: Small, not very expensive, *light*, and consistently works if you have a spark. Never leave home without it!
Dislikes: I'm finding that unlike the original version, this version releases gas from the canister upon screwing or unscrewing, for about 1-2 seconds.
- Great backpacking stove
Able to simmer
- Awesome little stove
Likes: Super light, stowable, reliable, and powerful
- Light, compact, and fast working
Likes: Bought for lightness but also works fast. Used with Sea to Summit collapsible pot and worked great.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »