No Videos Available
A powerful tool for building shelters or wind breaks, the MSR Basecamp Snow Shelter Saw is ideal for mountaineers, arctic explorers, and winter backpackers. A 29”-long collapsing 7075 aluminum blade is equipped with laser-cut teeth that make quick work of cutting snow and ice.
A low-profile locking pin ensures that the extended blade remains securely in place while being used. That design also helps to increase strength and rigidity. An integrated, ergonomic handle serves as a comfortable handhold. The blade folds down to 17.5” in length when not in use and stows with the protective sheath included by MSR.
The MSR Basecamp Snow Shelter Saw weighs 11 ounces.
- Weighs 11.0 oz
- 29.5" length, 17.5" collapsed length
- Non-linear blade delivers an ultra-efficient cutting pattern, while laser-cut teeth rip snow and ice in both directions, and voids between teeth remove debris from path
- Durable, lightweight 7075 aluminum blade
- Secure, low-profile locking pin holds reliably through hardpack conditions, and increases stiffness
- Folds its long reach to half its size for packability and practicality