Lightweight, durable, and versatile, the Mountainsmith Scream 50 WSD Women's pack offers backcountry-ready organizational and performance features in a clean, minimalist-minded profile that speaks directly to seasoned, experienced adventurers.
Ensuring load-hauling performance, a removable PE framesheet works in tandem with 1/2" aluminum support stay. Dual-density padding on the backpanel, shoulder straps, and contoured waistbelt aid in load stabilization and effectively transfer weight to your hips. A channeled design in the backpanel offers ventilation and allows warm to escape so you remain cool and comfortable. Adjustable shoulder straps, load-lifter straps, and an adjustable sternum strap further allow you to dial in fit for the most comfortable carry. Note that the pack best fits 14"-17" torso lengths. Overall durability is provided by the 210D Robic HT nylon material. This fabric has an impressive strength-to-weight ratio that allows the pack to comfortably carry up to 45 pounds while weighing in at just 2 pounds, 10 ounces!
The pack incorporates a number of convenient access features. A roll-top lid saves weight and provides wide open access to the main packbag. The large compartment has a 2810 cubic inch standard capacity but can expand to accommodate an additional 365 cubic inches of gear. Twin vertical pockets on the front of the pack swallow up gear and layers, keeping them at the ready. A U-shaped zipper allows you to peel back the face of the pack to gain quick access to the interior of the main compartment. Side mesh pockets are perfect for water bottles or other gear.
Other features include compression straps, a safety whistle integrated into the sternum strap buckle, daisy chain attachment points, a tool/trekking pole loop, and zippered waistbelt pockets. An internal lined sleeve and tube exit port make the pack hydration system compatible (system not included).
- Roll-top closure with reinforced Hypalon seal
- Front panel J zipper for quick interior access
- FreeFlow ridged EVA backpanel padding
- Double barrel front panel storage pockets
- Multiple clip in points for gear attachment
- Fixed shoulder straps with load lifter adjustment
- Removable EVA framesheet with 1/2 AL stay
- High density foam waistbelt with dual zippered pockets
- Forward pull waistbelt with adjustment webbing
- Over/under side compression straps with quick-release hardware
- Dual density EVA/PU shoulder straps
- Elastic sternum strap and bite valve catch with safety whistle
- Dual side panel mesh pockets fit most 32oz bottles
- Internal hydration sleeve fits up to 3L
- Accommodates bear canisters of most makes and models
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking Access Top Loading w/ Front Access Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 2810-3175 cu in Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 45 lbs Material 210D Robic HT Nylon w/ Alkex Item Weight 2 lb, 10 oz Torso Adjustment n/a Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso 14"-17" Fits Waist 28"-48" Dimensions 21.5" x 10.75" x 8" Detachable Daypack n/a
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »