Made of durable and weatherproof 70D ripstop nylon, the Mountainsmith Rain Cover offers protection against the elements for backpacks of varying shapes and sizes. A built-in draw cord allows you to cinch the cover tightly over and around your pack. When not in use, the Rain Cover can be stowed neatly in its integrated, compact stuff pouch and stashed inside your backpack.
The Mountainsmith Rain Cover is available in four size offerings.
- Made of 190T Taffeta nylon.
- Integrated stuff sack.
- Hook and loop closure.
- Angled cord attachment point.
- Full circumference draw cord.
- Xsmall weighs 3.84 oz, measures 20" x 14" x 7.5" and fits packs ranging from 1000-1800 cubic inches (15-30 L)
- Small weighs 4 oz, measures 27" x 16" x 8.5" and fits packs ranging from 1800-2500 cubic inches (30-40 L)
- Medium weighs 4.16 oz, measures 28" x 19" x 10" and fits packs ranging from 2500-3600 cubic inches (40-60 L)
- Large weighs 4.32 oz, measures 31.5" x 19.5" x 11" and fits packs ranging from 3600-6000 cubic inches (60-100 L)
Real Customer Reviews
- I have needed this for my pack
Likes: I haven't used this yet with rain but it looks to be a good fit for my pack
- Fits well
Likes: Fortunately have only had to use it a couple of times, but fits pack well and did the job.
Likes: perfect fit for my backpack
Likes: Purchased this to go with Mountainsmith pack. Fits well but haven't had to test it in the rain yet.
Likes: Fits my Mountainsmith Pack perfect, Looks nice also
Likes: Fits my pack well. Keeps the rain on the outside. Packs small and the weight is so low, I forget it is in my pack. Works well on an external frame pack.
Likes: fits well
Likes: Got it to fit over my new Mountainsmith Circuit 3.0. Fits over this pack fully loaded with no problems. Also has a nice bag to store it when not in use built into the cover. The size I have is the Large
Dislikes: Nothing so far
Likes: The cover is compact and comes with loops to attach to the outside of the pack for those iffy weekend trips. The attached sack is mesh allowing for a little extra drying when not in use.
Dislikes: I'll probably sew on some reflective strips to contrast the black just to help find the thing in the night and stay a little more visible on the trail with my group. Or maybe not.
Likes: Easy to use, Great fit, quality. Used for Boy Scout events.
Dislikes: There is nothing I do not like about this product.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »