The durable, load-hauling Mountainsmith Ghost 50 internal frame backpack offers premium performance for deep in the backcountry and the top of the mountain.
Equipped with durability and load-hauling (up to 45 lbs) capability, the Mountainsmith Ghost 50 internal frame backpack offers premium performance for deep in the backcountry and the top of the mountain. An adjustable suspension and integrated organizational features make the Ghost 50 extremely versatile.
The Ghost 50 utilizes an innovative suspension system that provides anatomical support and allows freedom of movement for on-trail hauling and off-trail scrambling. A spring steel frame and molded PE framesheet offer excellent load support and a suspended Breezeway mesh backpanel conforms to the contours of your back while allowing airflow to combat heat build-up. A pivoting, wrap-around design in the adjustable dual-density waistbelt shifts weight into the lumbar region for a stable, evenly distributed load. Integrated load-lifter straps and an adjustable sternum strap further enhance fit.
The panel loading design of the Ghost 50 allows convenient access to dual compartments that provide a combined storage capacity of 3175 cubic inches. Together, the two compartments allow for organization of gear and clothes. A large zippered front pocket provides additional storage. Side compression straps with quick release hardware allow you to cinch down your load or lash other gear to the exterior of the pack.
Other features found on the Ghost 50 include ice axe and trekking pole loops, gear attachment loops, side mesh water bottle pockets and an integrated haul handle. A lined internal sleeve, built-in exit ports and an integrated sternum strap bite valve catch combine to make the Ghost 50 hydration system (sold separately) compatible.
The Mountainsmith Ghost 50 is an adjustable size pack that offers optimal fit for torsos ranging from 17" to 20" in length.
- Dual panel loader
- Reverse-canted waistbelt for optimum load transfer
- Perforated Air-flow shoulder straps with Zonal Load Dispersion padding
- Breezeway suspension backpanel for increased airflow and breathability
- Three size adjustable torso range Lumbar Control Point pad
- Diamond airmesh foam backpanel and waistbelt with DWR finish
- Contoured PE framesheet
- Iliac Crest Shelf (ICS) Cup waistbelt fit
- Pivoting dual-density waistbelt
- Front adjusting X-configuration waistbelt attachment
- PE waistbelt slider enables horizontal and vertical positioning adjustment
- Delta Wing Compression waistbelt adjustment
- Side mesh waistbelt stash pockets
- Elastic sternum strap and bite valve catch
- Interanl hydration bladder sleeve with exit port
- Anti-sag hydration bladder harness
- Side compression straps with quick-release hardware
- Tool and trekking pole mount loops
- Zippered front panel stash pockets
- Haul handle
Best Use Backpacking Access Panel Loading Warranty Lifetime Volume 3175 cu in Type Internal Frame Backpack Torso Adjustment Yes Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Position Maximum Weight 45 lbs Material 210D Duramax Ripstop Nylon; 420D Duramax Nylon; and 210D Ripstop liner Item Weight 3 lb 15 oz Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material PE Framesheet Fits Torso 17"-21" Dimensions 24" x 11.5" x 10.5"