The rugged Mountainsmith Apex 60 internal frame backpack offers 3660 cubic inches of storage space. Load-carrying capability and organizational features combine to make the pack an ideal option for weekend or multi-day backpacking trips.
Utilizing a PE framesheet and X-shaped aluminum support stays and a fully adjustable suspension, the Apex 60 is designed to comfortably haul heavy loads by efficiently distributing weight, providing better load control, and increasing flexibility. A channeled backpanel padded with perforated foam allows air to circulate, keeping your back cool and dry while in the backcountry. Fit is adjustable to accommodate torsos ranging from 16"-21" in length. A dual density waistbelt supports weight and provides cushioning while conforming to the contours of your hips. Adjustable shoulder straps, load-lifter straps, and an adjustable sternum strap further enhance fit and comfort. Side and bottom compression straps allow you to cinch down your load for better stability and maneuverability.
The large top-accessed packbag of the Apex 60 offers a standard capacity of 3170 cubic inches and an integrated spindrift collars expands usable capacity to a full 3660 cubic inches when extra space is needed. The height of the lid can be adjusted to accommodate the expanded collar. A U-shaped zipper on the front of the pack enables you to quickly put hands on contents without having to open the top lid. A large front stretch pocket allows you to keep extra layers or other gear at the ready.
Other features on the Apex 60 include trekking pole mounts, ice axe loops, side stretch mesh pocket, smartphone-compatible waistbelt pockets, and various gear attachment points. An internal lined pocket and drinking tube exit port make the pack hydration system (sold separately) compatible.
The Mountainsmith Apex 60 internal frame backpack is available in your choice of color options.
- Multi-point ladder adjustment suspension for S/M/L/XL torso range
- Right side angled water bottle pocket
- Smartphone compatible waistbelt pockets
- U-shaped zipper access to main compartment
- TuningFork waistbelt framesheet for form fitting over iliac crest hip bone
- Anvil Airway ridged EVA back panel padding
- Forward pull waistbelt with V adjustment webbing
- Front panel stretch mesh pocket with daisy chain attachment loops
- PE framesheet with X configuration AL stays and horizontal stabilizer bar
- Top compression gear strap
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking Access Top Loading w/ Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 3170-3660 cu in Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 60 lbs Material Multi-rip Cordura HP and Cordura HP Item Weight 4 lb, 15 oz Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso 16"-21" Fits Waist 28"-48" Dimensions 25.75" x 10.25" x 7.25" Detachable Daypack n/a
Real Customer Reviews
- I was looking for a low cost pack that I could use for 3 seasons. I found it in the Mountainsmith Apex 60. I trust Mountainsmith, and I feel that they make an extremely durable product.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »