Filled with Q.Shield DOWN 650-fill insulation, which is treated to resist water and retain loft and warmth even when wet, the Mountain Hardwear Ratio 15 Degree sleeping bag is a premium choice for three-season backpacking and camping.
The Ratio 15 Degree is insulated with lightweight and compressible Q.Shield DOWN 650-fill, which has undergone an advanced treatment that resists water. This infused, permanent water repellency helps maintain insulating performance even when the insulation is exposed to moisture, a promise on which untreated down can’t deliver. A 33D Dobby nylon shell further protects the insulation from the elements.
A comfortable mummy cut in the Ratio 15 Degree efficiently maintains warmth without restriction and the unique ThermoTrap baffles with smaller chamber spacing maximizes loft. An insulated draft tube with anti-snag panel runs the length of the two-way zipper to prevent cold air from entering the bag, and an insulated, tailored hood with down-filled face gasket fits comfortably around the head to retain heat. Draw cords designed for single-handed operation at the hood allow for easy adjustments in the dark. Mountain Hardwear’s Comfort Footbox design follows the natural positioning of the foot for maximum comfort and warmth.
The Mountain Hardwear Ratio 15 Degree sleeping bag is available in Regular (fits up to 6' 0") and Long (fits up to 6’ 6") lengths. A stuff sack and mesh storage sack are included.
- Q.Shield DOWN 650-fill has an advanced treatment applied that resists heat robbing moisture and retains maximum loft in damp conditions
- ThermoTrap baffle construction locks down into smaller chambers for less down migration, even loft height and more consistent warmth
- Comfort mummy cut efficiently maximizes warmth and minimizes weight without constriction
- Down-filled face gasket comfortably blocks drafts at the hood opening
- Insulated draft tube with anti-snag panel prevents cold spots along zipper
- Single-handed draw cords easily adjust hood closure
Best Use Backpacking, Camping Insulation Type Down Warranty Lifetime Type Down Temperature Rating 15 Degrees F Shell Material 30D Nylon Plain Weave Packed Size 8" x 15" Other Stuff Sack and Storage Sack Included Liner Material 30D Nylon Plain Weave Item Weight Regular: 2 lbs 8 oz
Long: 2 lbs 10 oz
Fits to Length Regular: 6' 0"
Long: 6' 6"
Fits to Girth Regular: 62"
Fill Material 650 Fill
Real Customer Reviews
- Plenty of room in bag
Likes: When I bought the MH Ratio 15 bag, thought I would feel restricted, no room to move and cramped in the bag. I'm 5'11" 185 lbs and felt very comfortable in it while camping in Sequoia. Had to keep it partially unzipped because temperatures there were still mild.
- Great Mid Tier Sleeping Bag
Likes: Respectable weight, warmth, and packability for price. Quality product.
- Roomy, reasonably priced bag
Likes: Love all of the space for legs compared to many mummy bags.
Dislikes: Not as fluffy or luxurious as the Marmot Sawtooth 15 (which is less expensive but has less leg room).
- Took this bag camping loon lake cali. Packs small kept me to warm this is truly a 15degree bag, got some of the best sleep I ever had in this. Cant wait to take it out again!
Likes: Fabric feels great, zippers are awesome, great build quality, has a little extra space in the shoulder area which is really nice.. good value
Dislikes: Be nice if it came with a compression sack
- Hiked in to one of the most remote parts of the Adirondacks where your gear just has to perform. 18 degrees was no problem for this bag. Much warmed than my past late fall hikes with a lesser bag. Adirondack tested and approved!
Likes: very warm, light to carry, packs small.
- Extremely warm and comparatively light weight
Likes: Even Though this was a bg with Q.Shield DOWN 650-fill insulation, it was considerably lightweight compared to some other products which I looked at and was extremely warm. I took it along for an alpine climb and we were at base camp at around 6500 Ft. The weather turned cold during a storm, however this bag kep me extremely warm!!
- Good so far
Likes: Lightweight , compresses down easily for packing
Dislikes: Not sure about staying warm at 15 degrees
- Awesome mid range bag.
Likes: Lofty insulation. Packs pretty small for a 15 degree bag. The material used for the liner has a great feel. Great price/quality.
- Great Sleeping Bag
Likes: Really warm. Really light. Compact enough for backpacking/hiking.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »