No Videos Available
Delivering high-quality performance at a budget-friendly price, the Mountain Hardwear Petaluma 20 Degree Women’s sleeping bag is ideal for three-season camping. The generous mummy cut offers thermal efficiency and room to move around.
The Petaluma 20 Degree is insulated with compressible, durable Thermal.Q synthetic fill. Unlike most natural down fill, Thermal.Q is water-resistant and continues to provide warmth even when wet. This is particularly important if you'll be camping in wet weather or humid climates.
Recognizing that there are differences in the average dimensions and sleeping preferences of men and women, the Petaluma 20 Degree Women’s sleeping bag is built especially for women. Increased insulation in the torso and footbox better addresses those areas where women most often experience heat loss. Designed with anatomically tapered cuts and shorter overall lengths, Mountain Hardwear's women's bags better accommodate a woman's height and shape, aiding in the prevention of cold spots and saving your body the energy of trying to heat uninhabited areas of the bag
Offset quilt construction helps to prevent cold spots and helps to distribute insulation throughout the Petaluma 20 Degree. An insulated, contoured hood with face gasket helps reduce heat loss and keeps your head warm and comfortable. An integrated draft collar along the zipper keeps cold air from creeping into the interior of the bag, and Mountain Hardwear's patented Comfort Footbox creates an ergonomic, insulated space for your feet.
The Mountain Hardwear Petaluma 20 Degree Women’s sleeping bag is available in Regular (fits up to 5' 8") and Long (fits to 6' 3") lengths. Each Petaluma 20 Degree Women’s sleeping bag includes a stuff sack.
- Increased insulation to set temperature ratings to T-Comfort for warmer women’s bags
- Offset quilt construction prevents cold spots
- Comfort mummy cut efficiently maximizes warmth without constriction
- Face gasket and tailored hood comfortably block drafts at the hood opening and seal in warmth
- Comfort Footbox follows natural foot position for maximum warmth and comfort
- Insulated side draft tube prevents cold spots along zip
Insulation Type Synthetic Recommended Use 3-Season Camping/Backpacking Warranty Lifetime Limited Type Synthetic Temperature Rating 20 Degees F Shell Material 50D Nylon Taffeta (100% nylon) Packed Size 8" x 14" Other Stuff Sack Included Liner Material 75D Polyester Taffeta (100% polyester) Item Weight Regular: 2 lbs 15 oz
Long: 3 lbs 6 oz
Fits to Length Regular: 5' 8"
Long: 6' 3"
Fits to Girth Regular at Hip: 56"
Fill Material Thermal.Q Synthetic
Likes: I purchased the regular length bag (I'm 5'5), and the fit was perfect in the shoulders. There was some extra length in the leg area, but not enough to be bothersome at my height.
This bag is a great value for the price. It's comfortable and well-constructed.
Dislikes: As the previous reviewer mentioned, the stuff sack is difficult to use (nearly impossible, in fact) without defying the laws of physics. It's also fairly easy to zip the material in on itself. Fortunately, this can be avoided with care.
Likes: 1) Kept me adequately warm during the artic bend the east coast experienced last week!
2) Great length b/c I am 5'9"; sufficient toe room
3) Great draft seams
4) perfect room in hood for a little pillow
Dislikes: 1) stuff sack tough
2) shoulder and hip room somewhat tight; I'm side sleeper and shift from left to right during the night and I simply felt a little constrained. Will try once more, but may end up needing to exchange for a different mummy bag that had a little more room in hips ( and I'm not a big woman; I wear size 8-10 clothing )