No Videos Available
With dual adjacent doors that deliver access and venting versatility a spacious interior watertight construction and a ton of storage options the Mountain Hardwear Optic 6 is an excellent basecamp shelter or family camping tent.
The Optic 6 offers a cavernous 86 square feet of usable interior space. Dual vestibules combine to provide additional sheltered space for wet gear and muddy boots. Clip construction makes it easy to connect the fabric body of the Optic 6 to the rugged DAC DA-17 aluminum poles. Mountain Hardwear guarantees watertight construction; the taped seams and welded construction of the Optic 6 have been tested in a custom-made "rain room" that subjects the tent to 1200 inches of wind-driven rain over the course of 24 hours.
Polyester ripstop construction in the tent body maximizes durability and weather protection. Mesh at the ceiling and “ventable” doors help to combat the build-up of condensation and allow air to circulate. The unique adjacent dual doors if the Optic 6 roll back to provide an expansive view in fair weather. When weather turns less friendly the 75D polyester taffeta rainfly with a PU treatment keeps you protected. And you’ll always be organized with internal pockets that allow you to stow small essential gear with you in the tent. An optional hanging divider (sold separately) enables you to convert the Optic 6 to two separate rooms and includes extensive pocketing for further gear and clothing organization.
Other optional accessories (all sold separately) are available to further make the Mountain Hardwear Optic 6 tent your home away from home. A custom-fit footprint is available to further protect the floor of the tent from rocks exposed roots mud and ground water. Rectangular and triangular gear lofts can also be purchased to offer additional places to stow gear.
- Spacious layout easily accommodates 6 people and gear
- Doors on adjoining sides roll back to offer huge view and easy access
- 2 large canopy doors with dual slider zippers for easy entry
- Dual vestibule design creates a dry entry into tent and room for gear storage
- Double-zip end vestibule converts into awning
- Gear can be stored off the floor using canopy pockets, divider wall, or an accessory gear loft (sold separately)
Best Use Camping Average Min Weight 15 lb 2 oz Average Packed Weight 15 lb 14 oz Warranty Limited Lifetime Vestibule Area 17 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 6 Seasons 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC DA-17 Aluminum Packed Size 11" x 31" Number of Poles 3 Other Stuff Sack Included Material Walls: 68D Polyester Ripstop DWR
Fly: 75D Polyester Taffeta 1500mm PU
Floor: 70D Nylon Taffeta 3000mm PU
Interior Height 77" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 13' x 90" Floor Area 86 sq ft Doors 2 Clips or Sleeves Clips
- Good camping tent
Likes: - Very easy to set up, even alone (I'm 5'8" and was able to get everything set up)
- Plenty of room for four or five people (six would be tight)
- Plenty of room in the vestibule
- Excellent visibility when the fly is tied out of the way
- Looks well built (won't know for sure for a few years)
- Decent price for such a nice tent!!
Dislikes: - First one had a tear in the mesh an had to be exchanged (fortunately Backcountry Edge did so right away at no charge - great service)