The Patagonia Men’s Better Sweater Jacket is an extremely versatile full-zip polyester fleece that you’ll want to wear everywhere. Whether as an outerwear piece around town or a mid-layer in the backcountry, the Better Sweater Jacket is warm and soft. Committed to lessening environmental impact whenever possible, Patagonia utilizes bluesign approved fleece and a low-impact dyeing process that minimizes water and energy use.
The Better Sweater jacket features a sweater-knit face and a warmth-enhancing fleece interior. Zip straight up to the top of the stand-up collar and park the zipper in its garage for warmth and comfort around the neck. The jacket also has raglan sleeves to increase comfort under pack straps and micropolyester jersey trim at the collar, cuffs and hem that keeps its shape.
The suite of features in the Better Sweater Jacket is rounded out with two zippered handwarmer pockets that are ready to protect hands and also has a small zippered chest pocket to stow small essentials.
With a regular fit for layering ease, the Patagonia Men’s Better Sweater Jacket is hip length and comes in a variety of size and color options.
- Made of bluesign approved 100% polyester fleece with sweater-knit face, fleece interior and heathered overdye yarns; dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods
- Full-zip jacket with zip-through stand-up collar
- Raglan sleeves for mobility pack-wearing comfort; interior fleece wicks moisture
- Zippered left-chest pocket; two zippered handwarmer pockets
- Shape-holding micropolyester jersey trim at cuffs and bottom hem provides added abrasion resistance
- Flat-seam construction reduces bulk and helps eliminate seam chafe
- Hip length
- 10-oz 100% polyester knitted fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods. Fabric is bluesign approved
- 586 g (20.7 oz)
- Made in Sri Lanka and Thailand
Best Use Camping, Hiking, Casual, Snow Sports, Travel Jacket Back Length Hip-Length Warranty Limited Lifetime Shell Material 10-oz 100% polyester knitted fleece Hood n/a Number of Pockets 3
Real Customer Reviews
- Great buy
Likes: This is the second better sweater I've purchased from Backcountry Edge. Very happy with them both, and they were considerably cheaper than at the local Patagonia store.
Dislikes: It pills easily but a sweater stone seems to work well so far...
- Outstanding that crushes competition. Great for layering and spring fall jacket. Very comfortable and can be used in business and causal environments.
Likes: Form fitting
Look and Feel
- Great mid layer
- Perfect all-round fleece
Likes: This is well fitted and yet roomy enough for layers. I can wear this to the office in the morning, the bar in the evening, and then out hiking or stacking firewood on the weekends. Very versatile, and much more durable than a puffy
Dislikes: Nothing to speak of
- nice but big and long
Likes: it was warm and soft fleece material and Patagonia brand
Dislikes: It was too big and long for a fleece jacket. I do wear an average fit but the jacket was more than average fit.
- Great purchase!
Likes: Comfortable, form-fitting for an athletic build, and surprisingly warm.
Dislikes: Does not have an adjustable toggle at bottom to lock in heat and create an even better fit.
- great casual (even dress casual) sweater
Likes: warm, comfortable, great for layering, love the external pockets
Dislikes: none so far
- Versatile Fall Zip up
Likes: Love the fitted cut. Can be warn over a dress shirt and be work appropriate or can be warn casually for all sorts of activities.
Dislikes: I had to return the first one I ordered because it runs a little large. I'm 6'2 with a thin frame and the large was way to big. Medium fits perfectly.
- BEST PRICE ON A GREAT JACKET
Likes: LOVE THIS JACKET; BOUGHT IT AS A GIFT AND IT WAS THE BEST PRICE ON THE INTERNET
- Great gift
Likes: Love the full zip style, very warm and great colors.
Dislikes: Can't think of any for this style
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »