The Patagonia Men’s Better Sweater 1/4 Zip is an extremely versatile 1/4-zip polyester fleece pullover that you’ll want to wear everywhere, whether as an outerwear piece around town or a mid-layer in the backcountry. Committed to lessening environmental impact whenever possible, Patagonia utilizes bluesign approved fleece and a low-impact dyeing process that minimizes water and energy use.
The Better Sweater 1/4 Zip features a sweater-knit face and a warmth-enhancing fleece interior. Zip straight up to the top of the stand-up collar and park the zipper in its garage for warmth and comfort around the neck. The Better Sweater 1/4 Zip also has raglan sleeves to increase comfort under pack straps and micropolyester jersey trim at the collar, cuffs and hem that keeps its shape.
The feature set in the Better Sweater 1/4 Zip is rounded out by a zippered exterior chest pocket that is ready to stow small essentials.
With a regular fit for layering ease, the Patagonia Men’s Better Sweater 1/4 Zip is hip length and comes in a variety of size and color options.
- Made of bluesign approved 100% polyester fleece with sweater-knit face, fleece interior and heathered overdye yarns; dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods
- Quarter-zip pullover with zip-through stand-up collar
- Raglan sleeves for mobility and pack-wearing comfort; interior fleece wicks moisture
- Zippered left-chest pocket
- Shape-holding micropolyester jersey trim at cuffs and bottom hem provides added abrasion resistance
- Flat-seam construction reduces bulk and helps eliminate seam chafe
- Hip length
- 10-oz 100% polyester knitted fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods. Fabric is bluesign approved
- 498 g (17.6 oz)
- Made in Thailand
Best Use Camping, Hiking, Casual, Snow Sports, Travel Jacket Back Length Hip-Length Warranty Limited Lifetime Hood n/a Number of Pockets 1 Fit Regular
Real Customer Reviews
- Best pullover on the market
Likes: Super comfortable, really soft, great quality, warm, fashionable, good length in the torso and sleeves.
Dislikes: Could be a little more form fitting. Definitely a relaxed fit.
- Great gift
Likes: Soft material, warmth, and looks nice on—dress it up or down easily
- Great Garment
Likes: Runs pretty true to size! Great colors.
Dislikes: the Better Sweaters run just a bit short in total length, however. Also the zippered breast pocket is a bit small for the average size phones these days.
The breast pocket on the Patagonia R1 tops are bigger.
- Lifestyle Sweater
Likes: Medium thickness, general warmth, suitable for daily wear, a good middle layer
- Great jacket
Dislikes: Zipper placement
- Comfortable, quality sweater that looks great too
Likes: Material is warm and soft.
Sweater fits nicely for me, most times I need a large tall but the body and sleeves on the sweater have just the right amount of length.
Nice for cool days and looks good enough to wear to the office as well as on the trail.
Likes: warm but breathes well, great for layering or to wear on a brisk fall day. never had a better sweater!!
Likes: Stylish and warm
- Great Product!
Likes: well-made, good material that will last for a long time, washes well, right-size fit
Likes: Fits well
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »