Lightweight design and maximum livability make the Marmot Tungsten 1P backpacking tent a perfect option for 3-season solo outings. An innovative structure maximizes interior space while keeping packed weight to 3 and a half pounds.
Easily accessed by a single oversized, D-shaped door, the interior of the Tungsten 1P offers 21 square feet of floor space. The unique, pre-bent "knees" of the Tungsten 1P's DAC Pressfit aluminum poles pull the tent body taut, avoiding the unusable corners frequently found inside tents and maximizing the livability of the interior of the Tungsten 1P. Employing integrated color-coded clips, the body of the Tungsten 1P attaches quickly, easily and securely to the poles creating a freestanding design that enables you to set up the tent and then move it around your chosen campsite to find the optimal rock-and-root-free position.
One 8.75 square-foot vestibule provides a weather-protected entryway to the interior of the tent and adds additional, weather-protected storage space. Extensive mesh on the walls and ceiling of the Tungsten 1P ensures excellent ventilation and keeps condensation to a minimum. Both the fully weatherproof rain fly and floor are seam sealed, and the catenary cut design of the floor keeps the edges of the tent away from the ground in wet weather. Additional features found in the Tungsten 1P include jingle-free nylon zipper pulls, interior pockets for organization of small gear and a lamp shade pocket meant to hold a headlamp and provide ambient interior lighting.
Each Marmot Tungsten 1P backpacking tent includes a compatible, custom-fit footprint that can be used to further protect the floor of the tent from sharp objects, mud and ground water.
- Volume optimizing structure provides more livable space
- One D Shaped door, one vestibule
- Sleeping zone pre-bends create vertical walls and a more roomy sleeping area
- Strategic clip placement provides larger interior volume
- Seam taped full coverage fly with vents
- Free-standing design
- Seam taped catenary cut floor
- Color coded "Easy Pitch" clips, poles, and fly
- Lamp shade pocket securely holds your headlamp to provide ambient light
- Interior pockets for small gear organization
- Jingle-free nylon zipper pulls
- DAC Press-Fit poles
- Footprint included
Best Use Backpacking Average Min Weight 3 lb 8 oz Warranty Limited Lifetime Vestibule Area 8.75 sq ft Sleeping Capacity 1 Seasons 3 Seam Sealed Taped Seams Pole Type DAC Aluminum Pole Diameter 8.5mm Packed Size 18" x 6" Number of Poles 2 Other Stuff Sack and Footprint Included Material Canopy: 40d No-See-Um Mesh
Sidewalls & Fly: 68d Polyester Taffeta 190T 1800mm
Floor: 68d Polyester Taffeta 190T 20000mm
Interior Storage Interior pockets Interior Height 38" Freestanding Yes Floor Dimension 84" x 36" Floor Area 21 sq ft Doors 1 Clips or Sleeves Clips
Real Customer Reviews
- Study and roomy
Likes: 1. Material is quite studry for a modern 1P backpacking tent. Robust material and clips, amd comes with a clip-on footprint too!
2. Set up was very straightforward with exception that the bent poles should connect in the front - but if you goof, it still sets up. Because it is freestanding, that also made setup easier.
3. Roomy. 1P tents are never roomy, but Marmot added a little more than the competition in the pricemrange, so you coule drop a 45L pack at your feet if needed. A 65L would need to go in the vestibule. Plus, I hat at least 6" over my head when sitting up.
4. No bad smell, nice colors, tons of screen for humid camping.
5. Big side entrance.
Dislikes: 1. Heavier than expected for 1 person. Total weight is an honest 3.95 lbs. in the sack without removing any extras except a plastic bag over the poles. Some of this is because that includes the footprint - which is also the competitors don't count when reporting weight.
2. Airflow was OK with the fly on, but the little roof vent is really too tiny to function at all for the intended purpose, amd the head and foot areas of the fly have no tie-outs to improve airlow (despite a suffocation warning in the tag inside...). When guyed-out, the front and back should give decent airflow,
3. None else, this is a slick 1P tent and fairly robust appearing. Still waiting for the seasons to turn to give it more of a workout.
- Marmot at a great price
Likes: I love this 1-person tent. Got is on sale. Does everything I need and more. Light weight, high quality, best price.
- Great first tent
Likes: I love my Marmot Tungsten 1P tent. Extremely easy to set up...under 5 minutes usually. During trips to the Tetons and Great Smoky Mountains I have run into some pretty crappy weather, rain lots of rain. But this bad boy tent has kept me dry every time.
Dislikes: The dimensions are a little small, hard to move around and pack from inside the tent on cold/wet mornings.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »