An ultra-lightweight alternative to the award-winning Pinnacle Dualist, the GSI Outdoors Halulite MicroDualist cook system allows ounce-counting backpackers, fast-packing alpinists and bike tourers to trim packed weight without skimping on backcountry meals.
Despite its ultra-lightweight design (18 oz), the all-in-one Halulite MicroDualist includes everything needed for two diners. The entire system nests into a single integrated unit with dimensions of just 5.6" x 5.5" x 5.9". Even at these packable dimensions, the Halulite MicroDualist still leaves room to stow a lightweight backpacking stove and fuel canister (both sold separately).
Each GSI Outdoors Halulite MicroDualist cook set includes a 1.4 liter hard-anodized aluminum pot with strainer lid, two 14 fluid ounce capacity insulated mugs, two 14 fluid ounce capacity bowls, two Sip-It Lids, two GSI Outdoors Telescoping Foons, a protective stove bag and a storage sack/welded sink.
- Convenient, folding handle locks into place for cooking and secures entire set inside cook pot for transport
- Welded stuff sack holds set while traveling and doubles as a sink or wash basin in camp
- Crush-proof, heat-resistant nylon lid will not bend up and fold in packs and includes an integrated strainer
- Unique bowl+mug solution with low center of gravity and sip-it lid virtually eliminate spills while the insulating sleeve keeps drinks hot
- Made from hard-anodized aluminum
- Weighs 18.0 ounces
- Includes one 1.4 liter pot with folding handle, two mug/bowls with sip-it lids, two telescoping foons, one stove bag, one strainer lid and one stuff sack/camp sink
Best Use Backpacking
Real Customer Reviews
- Cooking 101
Likes: Easy to clean
Easily stores in backpack
- Nice little cook set
Likes: Backcountry edge had a really good price on it so I decided to try it. Built well and packs down fairly compact.
- It just works!
Likes: This is such a quality, convenient, cook system. Quality shines as with all of GSI's products. Innovative and light, the Halulite Microdualist is a gem to take backpacking. Yes, I realize some of you weight-weenies out there will say even this is too heavy for two people. While that may be true for the type of backpacking you do, for me it works perfectly! The bowl and insulated mug are of excellent lightweight quality, and the strainer lid fits with a great tolerance. It's not too snug and won't need crammed down on the pot. The locking handle is ingenious, and the seam-welded carry sack doubles as a small wash basin. I highly recommend this cook system to anyone looking for their first "real" backpacking kitchen set, or anyone looking to upgrade. You won't be disappointed. In addition, GSI is an amazing company to deal with. I accidently stepped on the lid of my Pinnacle Backpacker pot - snapping it in two. Called up GSI, and they sent me a replacement. FOR FREE. You can't get that service with just any company. Last but not least, gotta give a shout to my favorite gear supplier - Backcountry Edge. Always a pleasure doing business!
Dislikes: Foons. These silly little plastic spoon/fork things they include in many of their kits. They are pretty much useless. Do yourself another favor and upgrade to the Snowpeak Ti sporks. AWESOME piece of gear.
- Great light weight cook system. It allows you to nest you stove an fuel inside. Nice cup with a neoprene insulting ring that nests inside the bowl. The included collapsible sporks are a little flimsy but work.
Likes: Carry pouch servers as a water container to wash the system. Nesting cup and bowl with neoprene ring.
Likes: - it boils enough water for coffee, tea or food hydration for two;
- the cups are light and easy to use, especially with the insulation sleeves, and all the bowls and cups nest into the pot;
- the bowls can be left at home if not needed (example, using eat-in dried food packets) which makes loads of room for extra small items;
- however, the bowls are excellent for campground handy bins for separating food prep items, as for containers for repair parts, cleanup dishes, berry or water collection, bullets, etc.;
- the sink/basin carry case is awesome and very useful! I use it for washing, shaving, sponge baths, collecting water, whatever you can imagine.
Likes: The first thing I liked was it was the cutest thing ever! A whole kitchen, sink, pots and dishes in one tiny--and light--package. Upon usage I loved the functionality--the pot transferred heat well and the cups and bowls were as expected and cleaned out well. After, there was room to pack up my stove and gas canister inside, plus a mini lighter.
Dislikes: The towel and spoon/fork combo were not of the quality as the cookware. I didn't and wouldn't use them -- I would recommend not even including them, or provide something decent. The cookset was a good value without those items.
Likes: I was able to fit my MSR pocket rocket, fuel, a small bottle of the detergent and scrub pad, and of course, both sets of cups, bowls, and sporks. Very lightweight and perfect for any camping trip.
Dislikes: The sporks seem a little flimsy but they're holding up so far.
Likes: Great cook set for two people and camping.
Dislikes: Not ideal for hiking or backpacking. Packs heavy with stove but it was not made for light weight hiking.
Likes: Compact, light weight and well thought out. This is a great cook set for two people. A nice feature is the measuring lines on the bowels. The bowel/cup design is wider than a traditional cup which makes it harder to tip over.
Dislikes: This is a light weight set. Love the weight savings but the pot could be bent if you are not careful.
Likes: I have not used this yet.But i have no concerns with the quality.Seems very well made,lightweight,and being a bit of a household chef think it will perform fine.
Dislikes: The foons seem flimsy.Will probably not use them.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »