Weighing just 25.5 oz, the Bugaboo Backpacker set includes everything needed for two backcountry diners. The entire system nests into a single integrated unit that measures just 8.2" x 8.2" x 5.4" and leaves room to stow your lightweight cooking stove and fuel canister (both sold separately).
Each GSI Outdoors Bugaboo Backpacker cookware set includes a 2 liter pot, a frypan, a strainer lid, two BPA-free mugs with Sip-It Tops, two BPA-free bowls, an innovative nForm Pot Gripper and a rugged stuff sack with a lining on the underside that allows it to double as a sink or wash basin!
- Exclusive, folding gripper compacts for easy storage and locks to and removes easily from exterior brackets providing a secure handle while cooking
- Rugged, welded stuff sack holds set and doubles as a sink or wash basin
- Crushproof, heat-resistant nylon strainer lid and silicone ring will not bend or fold in a pack and works with either the pot or the frypan
- Compact, color-coded items nest inside and provide personalized tableware settings
- Aluminum with Teflon classic coating for easy clean up
- BPA free
- Weighs 28.8 ounces
- Includes one 2 liter pot, one frypan, one lid, two mug/bowls with sip-it lids, one nform pot gripper and one stuff sack/camp sink
Best Use Backpacking
Real Customer Reviews
Likes: This is a great little cookware kit. While it is slightly heavier than I would like, it makes up for in durability. It is NOT a flimsy set! I also purchased the Crossover Kitchen Kit to go with this. Unlike another reviewer mentioned, if you place the thermal cups inside of the uninsulated cups, it opens up enough space to store the Kitchen Kit inside this kit! I also added an extra nForm Pot Gripper so I don't have to worry about switching the handle from the pot to the pan or vice-versa.
Dislikes: Slightly lighter in weight would be nice, as well as way to attach the system to a backpack so it wouldn't take up valuable interior space.
Likes: I thought I would buy this cookset for weekend trips when weight and size wasn't such an issue, but after a few trips this is my favorite. The pot, frypan and cups work great and the non-stick is awesome, easy to clean. I can fit some food items in the cups and I added (4)GSI plates which fit okay but not great, and the GSI crossover kithchen which does fit good, but you lose two cups. With these additions I pretty much have everything I need in a fairly compact size. Oh yeah, the strainer feature on the lid works great and no issues with melting and the handle performs as intended. The welded sink basin works great and seems to be very durable.
Dislikes: I don't really have any dislikes, just wouldn't take on longer trips.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »