The lightweight Stout 65 backpack is an excellent combination of load-hauling capability and intuitive access and organizational features. The versatile pack is sleek enough for overnights or weekend trips but has the capacity (3900+ cubic inches) for multi-day excursions.
Comprised of a lightweight sturdy steel wire frame an anti-barreling stay and a flexible backpanel the Stout 65’s TrailFlex suspension system effectively transfers load to your hips and provides comfortable support. The contoured and padded harness and adjustable hibpelt aid in load transfer and provide additional cushioning. An adjustable sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance the fit of the Stout 65 and ensure the stability of your load while allowing convenient on-the-go adjustment.
The main compartment of the Stout 65 has top loading access and in addition a large U-shaped front zipper enables you to quickly put hands on gear and or clothes without having to dump out the entire contents of your pack. The Stout 65 also includes bottom compression straps to lash a sleeping pad and ensure that the contents of the pack remain safely in place. A large zippered front pocket a lid pocket and hipbelt pockets provide additional places to stow small items and side pockets are ideal for water bottles.
Other features found on the Stout 65 include dual ice axe/trekking pole attachment points an integrated raincover and a hydration sleeve (hydration system not included) that can be removed entirely and thanks to its integrated shoulder straps it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack! Integrated attachments points make the Stout 65 compatible with the Goal Zero Nomad 7 solar panel (sold separately) allowing you to store power to charge electronics.
The Gregory Stout 65 backpack is available in your choice of colors and Small (fits torso lengths ranging from 16”-18”) Medium (18”-20”) and Large (20”-22”) size options.
- TrailFlex wishbone suspension and TrailFit adjustable hipbelt
- SideTrack removable ultra-light daypack doubles as a hydration reservoir sleeve
- Removable raincover stows easily in its own designated pocket
- Top-loading design with front U-zip access panel
- Removable lid with dual zip pockets and underside security zip
- Dual front vertical-zip accessory pockets
- Shove-It expanding front stuff pocket for on-the-go storage of larger items
- Dual side water-bottle/accessory drop-in pockets
- Oversized device-compatible hipbelt zip pockets
- Side compression straps
- Bottom compression/sleeping pad straps
- Dual trekking pole/ice axe retainers and loops
- Daisy chain lash points on lid and front of pack accept Goal Zero solar panels
Best Use Backpacking Access Top loading with Front Access Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Small: 3905 cu in
Medium: 3966 cu in
Large: 4149 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Torso Adjustment n/a Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Position Other Rain Cover Included Maximum Weight 40 lbs Material Body: 420 HD Polyester Ripstop
Base: 600 D Polyester
Item Weight 5.0 lbs Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Steel Fits Torso Small: 16"-18"
Dimensions Small: 26" x 13" x 11"
Medium:29" x 13" x 11"
Large: 31" x 13" x 11"
Detachable Daypack Yes
Real Customer Reviews
- I was leaning towards the Baltoro, but the sale price of the stout couldn't be turned down. I've really enjoyed this pack's organizational features;Especialy the front access zippers.It handled 35 lbs no problem.
Likes: Organization features, easily adjustable hip pads.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »