The Gregory Stout 45 (2740+ cubic inches) backpack effectively combines load-hauling capability and intuitive access and organizational features. The pack offers versatility for everything from day hiking to lightweight weekend trips.
The lightweight Stout 45 backpack is an excellent combination of load-hauling capability storage capacity (2740+ cubic inches) and intuitive access and organizational features. The sleek pack offers versatility for everything from day hiking to lightweight weekend trips.
Comprised of a lightweight sturdy steel wire frame and a flexible backpanel the Stout 45’s TrailFlex suspension system effectively transfers load to your hips and provides comfortable support. The contoured and padded harness and adjustable hibpelt aid in load transfer and provide additional cushioning. An adjustable sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance the fit of the Stout 45 and ensure the stability of your load while allowing convenient on-the-go adjustment.
The Stout 45 has top loading access and an additional zippered access point grants access to the bottom of the main compartment. The Stout 45 also includes bottom compression straps to lash a sleeping pad and ensure that the contents of the pack remain safely in place. A lid pocket and hipbelt pockets provide additional places to stow small items and side pockets are ideal for water bottles.
Other features found on the Stout 45 include dual ice axe/trekking pole attachment points an integrated raincover and an internal hydration sleeve that make the pack hydration system (not included) compatible. Integrated attachments points make the Stout 45 compatible with the Goal Zero Nomad 7 solar panel (sold separately) allowing you to store power to charge electronics.
The Gregory Stout 45 backpack is available in your choice of colors and Medium (fits torso lengths ranging from 18”-20”) and Large (20”-22”) size options.
- TrailFlex wishbone suspension and TrailFit adjustable hipbelt
- SideTrack removable ultra-light daypack doubles as a hydration reservoir sleeve
- Removable raincover stows easily in its own designated pocket
- Top-loading design with front U-zip access panel
- Removable lid with dual zip pockets and underside security zip
- Shove-It expanding front stuff pocket for on-the-go storage of larger items
- Dual side water-bottle/accessory drop-in pockets
- Oversized device-compatible hipbelt zip pockets
- Side compression straps
- Bottom compression/sleeping pad straps
- Dual trekking pole/ice axe retainers and loops
- Daisy chain lash points on lid and front of pack accept Goal Zero solar panels
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking Access Top loading with Bottom Access Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Medium: 2746 cu in
Large: 2929 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Torso Adjustment n/a Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Position Other Rain Cover Included Maximum Weight 35 lbs Material Body: 420 HD Polyester Ripstop
Base: 600 D Polyester
Item Weight Medium: 3 lb 3 oz
Large: 3 lb 6 oz
Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Steel Fits Torso Medium:18"-20"
Dimensions Medium:26" x 12" x 10"
Large: 28" x 12" x 15"
Detachable Daypack Yes