The innovative suspension system of the Paragon 68 internal frame backpack allows it to comfortably carry up to 50 pounds and stow 4150 cubic inches of gear at a weight well below that of its load-hauling peers. Adding value and functionality, Backcountry Edge includes a 3D Hydro Reservoir.
Equipped with Gregory’s Aerolon suspension system, the pack employs an ultra-lightweight hollow 7001 aluminum frame and a mesh-encased, die-cut foam backpanel to offer excellent load stabilization and ventilated performance. Adjustability in the harness and hipbelt allow you to customize fit. Load lifter straps and an adjustable sternum strap further enhance fit and ensure stability. Siliconized padding in the lumbar portion of the pack increases comfort and aids in load transfer. To ensure a customized fit, the pack is available in Small/Medium (fits torso sizes ranging from 15”-19”) and Medium/Large (18”-22”) size options.
The top-loading main compartment of the pack has an extendible drawstring closure. A zippered front entry allows access to a separate, lower sleeping bag compartment. A large front stuff pocket provides a place to keep discarded layers or other gear easily accessible. Zippered lid pockets and zippered hipbelt pockets offer additional organizational options. Side compression straps allow you to cinch down the packbag to keep the contents of the pack stabilized and they double as external lash points.
Other features include large side stretch water bottle pockets, trekking pole attachments, a front harness quick-stow feature for sunglasses, and an included raincover. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (3D Hydro Reservoir included). That same sleeve can be removed entirely and, thanks to its integrated minimalist shoulder strap, it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack!
The Gregory Paragon 68 internal frame backpack is available in your choice of size and color options.
California residents: view proposition 65 WARNING
- 3D Hydro Reservoir included
- Aerolon suspension uses a customized lightweight 7001 aluminum chassis design to deliver uncompromised ventilation and load stabilizing trail performance to reduce energy expenditure on the trail.
- Matrix ventilation system uses a foam-matrix backpanel structure encapsulated by breathable mesh to provide air flow and moisture evaporation, in order to reduce energy expenditure and increase comfort
- Quickadjust hipbelts and back height system provide the perfect fit every time, while the unique hipbelt adjustment allow the hipbelt pockets to move with the adjustment to maintain easy pocket access
- Gription lumbar pad with soft-molded silicon gription pad technology for enhanced load transfer and energy savings
- 3D shoulder harnesses and hipbelt with dual density LIfeSpan EVA foam construction for an amazingly cush ride in a sub-four pound pack
- Raincover stows in zippered mesh compartment beneath front stuff pocket and doubles as accessory pocket
- Sunglass quickstow system on shoulder harness allows a quick, secure and scratch-free way to store your shades on the go
- Dual zippered hipbelt pockets for quick access items on the trail (one mesh and one shell fabric for storage flexibility)
- Sidewinder bottle stash: dual stretch-mesh side pockets, one which provides on-the-go water bottle access with optional tether for pocket security when not in use (offered on largest two style)
- Front stretch stuff pocket for gear overflow and organization
- Ultra-light top flap option included by removing the sleeping bag divider and using it in place of the traditional top-pocket for an ultra-light configuration
- Sleeping bag multi-straps removable via girth hitch, these handy straps can be used to carry your sleeping pad or removed to carry other items on the pack or used as a hipbelt on the SideKick daypack
- Double zip floating top pocket has additional zippered pocket for organization and access to small items such as headlamps or maps
- Goal Zero attachment points on top pockets
- Reinforced bottom panel with dual-layer construction for superior abrasion, weather and puncture resistance
- Molded webbing keepers for compression strap management
- Includes sidekick daypack, a combination reservoir sleeve and ultra-light, removable daypack, perfect for daytrips, summit hikes, or supply runs into town during a thru-hike
Best Use Backpacking Access Top Loading w/ Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Small/Medium: 3966 cu in
Medium/Large: 4150 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 50 lbs Material Body: 210 CryptoRip Nylon and 100D High Tenacity Nylon
Base: 210 High Tenacity Nylon w/135D HD polyester
Lining: 135D HD Polyester
Item Weight 3 lbs 9 oz Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes; 3 Liter 3D Hydro Reservoir included Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small/Medium: 15"-19"
Dimensions Small/Medium: 29" x 13" x 12"
Medium/Large: 31" x 13" x 12"
Detachable Daypack Yes Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- Lighter weight but supportive
Likes: Nice suspension and support. Good adaptability with removable lid and sleeping bag compartment flap. Mesh pocket in front is nice for wet items. Carries weight well.
Dislikes: Mesh pockets may not be that durable.. Only one mesh water bottle holder can be accessed with pack on. Don't really use the sleeping bag compartment so its just extra weight.
- Lightweight and well made, Great Pack
Likes: One of the lightest 68L packs in the market, but can see some of the places they skimped* on. Do not see this being much of an issue if not overstuffed.
Dislikes: Nothing as of yet.
- Nice lightweight backpack
Likes: Carries 30lbs of gear very nicely.
Nice padding on hips and shoulders.
Dislikes: Side pockets could be bigger to hold modern cell phones.
Only one side pocket is water proof.
- decent value, features, suspension
Likes: As with other Gregory suspensions (customizable, great hip belt, nice back ventilation), one of side pockets hold water bottle or bear repellent and can be reached with pack on, sunglasses loop is cool.
Dislikes: am I the only one that uses water bottle and bear repellent at same time? Why they only made 1 side pocket usable with pack on is beyond me. With slight design modification, they could add main compartment, front zipper access. A bit heavy for a simple top loader pack. Too bad . . . almost a great pack.
- Mesh pockets sinks this pack.
Likes: Waist belt pockets.
Day pack/hydro sleeve
Dislikes: Hard to adjust the load straps while on the move.
Mesh side and front pockets/durability
Side water bottle sleeve will not hold the bottle unless fastened, useless.
- Lightweight and capable
Likes: Just used this for Philmont and it worked like a charm on loads up to 35lbs.
Likes: light weight, great access on top lid and sleeping bag compartment, very adjustable for perfect fit and position no matter the load, great airflow, removable summit pack, mesh front pocket to dry out shoes or other gear, compressible for small loads, expandable collar for bulky food on re-supply days.
Dislikes: Hydration port on pack was too small to accommodate the bite valve required removal of the hose from the bladder to get the hose through. The Gregory 3D bladder was very nice, but lack of a quick release hose made this more difficult than it should have been.
- Probably the lightest pack for a 68L before going into ultralight packs
Likes: Outstanding Gregory quality. Suspension adjustability. Sidekick summit pack/hydro reservoir. Included rain cover.
And the best customer service from everyone at Backcountry Edge!!
Dislikes: Hip pockets are a bit small for today's smartphones. A mid pack zipper access like the Zulu or Baltoro would have been nice.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »