The innovative suspension system of the Paragon 58 internal frame backpack allows it to comfortably carry up to 50 pounds and stow 3539 cubic inches of gear at a weight well below that of its load-hauling peers. Adding value and functionality, Backcountry Edge includes a 3D Hydro Reservoir.
Equipped with Gregory’s Aerolon suspension system, the pack employs an ultra-lightweight hollow 7001 aluminum frame and a mesh-encased, die-cut foam backpanel to offer excellent load stabilization and ventilated performance. Adjustability in the harness and hipbelt allow you to customize fit. Load lifter straps and an adjustable sternum strap further enhance fit and ensure stability. Siliconized padding in the lumbar portion of the pack increases comfort and aids in load transfer. To ensure a customized fit, the pack is available in Small/Medium (fits torso sizes ranging from 15”-19”) and Medium/Large (18”-22”) size options.
The top-loading main compartment of the pack has an extendible drawstring closure. A zippered front entry allows access to a separate, lower sleeping bag compartment. A large front stuff pocket provides a place to keep discarded layers or other gear easily accessible. Zippered lid pockets and zippered hipbelt pockets offer additional organizational options. Side compression straps allow you to cinch down the packbag to keep the contents of the pack stabilized and they double as external lash points.
Other features include large side stretch water bottle pockets, trekking pole attachments, a front harness quick-stow feature for sunglasses, and an included raincover. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (3D Hydro Reservoir included). That same sleeve can be removed entirely and, thanks to its integrated minimalist shoulder strap, it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack!
The Gregory Paragon 58 internal frame backpack is available in your choice of size and color options.
- 3D Hydro Reservoir included
- Aerolon suspension uses a customized lightweight 7001 aluminum chassis design to deliver uncompromised ventilation and load stabilizing trail performance to reduce energy expenditure on the trail.
- Matrix ventilation system uses a foam-matrix backpanel structure encapsulated by breathable mesh to provide air flow and moisture evaporation, in order to reduce energy expenditure and increase comfort
- Quickadjust hipbelts and back height system provide the perfect fit every time, while the unique hipbelt adjustment allow the hipbelt pockets to move with the adjustment to maintain easy pocket access
- Gription lumbar pad with soft-molded silicon gription pad technology for enhanced load transfer and energy savings
- 3D shoulder harnesses and hipbelt with dual density LIfeSpan EVA foam construction for an amazingly cush ride in a sub-four pound pack
- Raincover stows in zippered mesh compartment beneath front stuff pocket and doubles as accessory pocket
- Sunglass quickstow system on shoulder harness allows a quick, secure and scratch-free way to store your shades on the go
- Dual zippered hipbelt pockets for quick access items on the trail (one mesh and one shell fabric for storage flexibility)
- Sidewinder bottle stash: dual stretch-mesh side pockets, one which provides on-the-go water bottle access with optional tether for pocket security when not in use (offered on largest two style)
- Front stretch stuff pocket for gear overflow and organization
- Ultra-light top flap option included by removing the sleeping bag divider and using it in place of the traditional top-pocket for an ultra-light configuration
- Sleeping bag multi-straps removable via girth hitch, these handy straps can be used to carry your sleeping pad or removed to carry other items on the pack or used as a hipbelt on the SideKick daypack
- Double zip floating top pocket has additional zippered pocket for organization and access to small items such as headlamps or maps
- Goal Zero attachment points on top pockets
- Reinforced bottom panel with dual-layer construction for superior abrasion, weather and puncture resistance
- Molded webbing keepers for compression strap management
- Includes sidekick daypack, a combination reservoir sleeve and ultra-light, removable daypack, perfect for daytrips, summit hikes, or supply runs into town during a thru-hike
Best Use Backpacking Access Top Loading w/ Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Small/Medium: 3356 cu in
Medium/Large: 3539 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 50 lbs Material Body: 210 CryptoRip Nylon and 100D High Tenacity Nylon
Base: 210 High Tenacity Nylon w/135D HD polyester
Lining: 135D HD Polyester
Item Weight Small/Medium: 3 lbs 8 oz
Medium/Large: 3 lbs 9 oz
Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes; 3 Liter 3D Hydro Reservoir included Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small/Medium: 15"-19"
Dimensions Small/Medium: 29" x 13" x 10.5"
Medium/Large: 31" x 13" x 10"
Detachable Daypack Yes Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- Lightweight and comfortable pack.
Carries up to 50lbs comfortably
Dislikes: Thin hardware and straps, possible durability issues.
- Perfect size, lightweight backpack
Likes: This thing is great. I liked the fit way better than the Ospreys. Much more minimalist style. The 58 is the perfect size for few day get a ways. This is my favorite pack that I've tried.
Dislikes: The only downside is that the outer mesh pocket is very soft and tends to rip easy when you throw the pack down on rocks or a hard surface.
- Exactly what I was looking for!
Likes: - Lightweight
- Great suspension system
- Very Attractive Bag
- Free 3L water reservoir
- Excellent light but burly backpack!
Likes: Adjustable torso, and hip belt.
Perfect water bottle pockets
came with a bladder
Dislikes: nothing yet! :)
- Great Pack
Likes: Bought this pack for my 14yo Boy Scout son. He has used the pack on several long hikes and says it is super comfortable and cool looking. I found the price, with the included reservoir, to be cheaper than elsewhere without the reservoir.
Dislikes: None so far.
- Good lightweight backpack
Likes: * Seems comfortable for a 30–35 lb. load
* Sidekick is a nice lightweight feature, and it feels especially convenient if you use a hydration bladder
* Camelbak bite valve cover fits easily through the pack opening
* Using the divider in place of the lid
* Enjoying the accessible pocket on the lid without having the divider attached underneath (like the Osprey Exos)
* The flatter back is much easier to pack compared to a suspended mesh back panel
Dislikes: - You have to adjust the adjustable torso
- Rear mesh pocket is not as stretchy as some other packs (e.g., Osprey Exos)
- Sidekick would be better with a sternum strap
- Great, adjustable pack.
Likes: I really like the detachable day pack, adjustable hip belt and adjustable/ removable brain. Have done two 20+ mile backpacking trips now and really like this pack. Holds all the gear I need including a bear canister (BV450) for an overnight trip plus has some extra room in case I pack some extra gear. Also like that the sleeping pad divider comes out and can be used as a top instead of the brain.
- Great Pack
Likes: This pack is very comfortable even with a full load. I have been carrying 35-40 pounds in this pack while taking 8-10 mile training hikes over difficult terrain. It doesn't feel like I have that much gear in my pack at the end of the hike.
- Good build quality, but uncomfortable hip belt
Likes: Really nice construction, durable with lots of great features. Comes with a high quality water reservoir.
Dislikes: The foam on the hip-belt is very firm which makes it uncomfortable to wear with any reasonable load. This is probably a personal fit issue but something to be aware of.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »