The versatile Paragon 48 backpack employs an innovative suspension system that allows it to comfortably carry up to 40 pounds and stow 2929 cubic inches of gear at a weight well below that of its load-hauling peers. Adding value and functionality, Backcountry Edge includes a 3D Hydro Reservoir.
Equipped with Gregory’s Aerolon suspension system, the pack employs an ultra-lightweight hollow 7001 aluminum frame and a mesh-encased, die-cut foam backpanel to offer excellent load stabilization and ventilated performance. Adjustability in the harness allows you to customize fit. Load lifter straps and an adjustable sternum strap further enhance fit and ensure stability. Siliconized padding in the lumbar portion of the pack increases comfort and aids in load transfer. To ensure a customized fit, the pack is available in Small/Medium (fits torso sizes ranging from 15”-19”) and Medium/Large (18”-22”) size options.
The top-loading main compartment of the pack has an extendible drawstring closure. A zippered front entry allows access to a separate, lower sleeping bag compartment. A large front stuff pocket provides a place to keep discarded layers or other gear easily accessible. Zippered lid pockets and zippered hipbelt pockets offer additional organizational options. Side compression straps allow you to cinch down the packbag to keep the contents of the pack stabilized and they double as external lash points.
Other features include large side stretch water bottle pockets, trekking pole attachments, a front harness quick-stow feature for sunglasses, and an included raincover. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (3D Hydro Reservoir included).
The Gregory Paragon 48 internal frame backpack is available in your choice of size and color options.
California residents: view proposition 65 WARNING
- 3D Hydro Reservoir included
- Aerolon suspension uses a customized lightweight 7001 aluminum chassis design to deliver uncompromised ventilation and load stabilizing trail performance to reduce energy expenditure on the trail.
- Matrix ventilation system uses a foam-matrix backpanel structure encapsulated by breathable mesh to provide air flow and moisture evaporation, in order to reduce energy expenditure and increase comfort
- Adjustable back height system provides the perfect fit every time
- Gription lumbar pad with soft-molded silicon gription pad technology for enhanced load transfer and energy savings
- 3D shoulder harnesses and hipbelt with dual density LIfeSpan EVA foam construction for an amazingly cush ride in a sub-four pound pack
- Raincover stows in zippered mesh compartment beneath front stuff pocket and doubles as accessory pocket
- Sunglass quickstow system on shoulder harness allows a quick, secure and scratch-free way to store your shades on the go
- Dual zippered hipbelt pockets for quick access items on the trail (one mesh and one shell fabric for storage flexibility)
- Sidewinder bottle stash: dual stretch-mesh side pockets, one which provides on-the-go water bottle access with optional tether for pocket security when not in use (offered on largest two style)
- Front stretch stuff pocket for gear overflow and organization
- Sleeping bag multi-straps removable via girth hitch, these handy straps can be used to carry your sleeping pad or removed to carry other items on the pack
- Double zip top pocket has additional zippered pocket for organization and access to small items such as headlamps or maps
- Goal Zero attachment points on top pockets
- Reinforced bottom panel with dual-layer construction for superior abrasion, weather and puncture resistance
- Molded webbing keepers for compression strap management
Best Use Backpacking Access Top Loading w/ Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Small/Medium: 2746 cu in
Medium/Large: 2929 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 40 lbs Material Body: 210 CryptoRip Nylon and 100D High Tenacity Nylon
Base: 210 High Tenacity Nylon w/135D HD polyester
Lining: 135D HD Polyester
Item Weight Small/Medium: 2 lbs 15 oz
Medium/Large: 3 lbs 3 oz
Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes; 3 Liter 3D Hydro Reservoir Included Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small/Medium: 15"-19"
Dimensions Small/Medium: 27" x 13" x 10"
Medium/Large: 29" x 13" x 10"
Detachable Daypack n/a Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- My Favorite all around bag
Likes: I currently have a Kelty Coyote 65, which is a bit large for my purposes and heavy. This bag is the perfect replacement for me. The foam padding and lumbar support feel great on my back and is good for people with more curvature in their back than normal. Shoulder straps are very comfortable. Even though this is a 48L, the main compartment is the same size as my Kelty. More than enough space to go on a multi-day hike, even if not all of your gear is bulky (I'm including a 5.5 lb tent in the main compartment, and I'm not even close to all the way full). Overall a really solid bag and can comfortably hold 40 lbs.
Dislikes: Only two negatives, but not enough to take this off a five star: 1. Hip Belt pockets are back a little bit, and 2. the sleeping pad straps are not removable. The Zulu 55 and Paragon 58 I was also considering both had removable sleeping pad straps.
Likes: Looks good, lightweight and belt is perfect. I have used once but so far it performs well.
- Very good backpack and light
Likes: Very good backpack and light
- Great Pack
Likes: Pack is very well built and extremely comfortable under load.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »