The innovative suspension system of the Maven 55 Women’s internal frame backpack allows it to comfortably carry up to 50 pounds and stow 3356 cubic inches of gear at a weight well below that of its load-hauling peers. Adding value and functionality, Backcountry Edge includes a 3D Hydro Reservoir.
Addressing the different wants and needs of female hikers Gregory's Women's backpacks cater to the woman on the go. Designed and tested by women these packs incorporate shoulder harnesses contoured to fit the female figure and hipbelt panels built to adjust to fit women's hip angles. Reflecting the difference in male and female ergonomics these packs also employ narrower backpanels.
Equipped with Gregory’s Aerolon suspension system, the pack employs an ultra-lightweight hollow 7001 aluminum frame and a mesh-encased, die-cut foam backpanel to offer excellent load stabilization and ventilated performance. Adjustability in the harness and hipbelt allow you to customize fit. Load lifter straps and an adjustable sternum strap further enhance fit and ensure stability. Siliconized padding in the lumbar portion of the pack increases comfort and aids in load transfer. To ensure a customized fit, the pack is available in Xsmall/Small (fits torso sizes ranging from 13”-17”) and Small/Medium (16”-20”) size options.
The top-loading main compartment of the pack has an extendible drawstring closure. A zippered front entry allows access to a separate, lower sleeping bag compartment. A large front stuff pocket provides a place to keep discarded layers or other gear easily accessible. Zippered lid pockets and zippered hipbelt pockets offer additional organizational options. Side compression straps allow you to cinch down the packbag to keep the contents of the pack stabilized and they double as external lash points.
Other features include large side stretch water bottle pockets, trekking pole attachments, a front harness quick-stow feature for sunglasses, and an included raincover. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (3D Hydro Reservoir included). That same sleeve can be removed entirely and, thanks to its integrated minimalist shoulder strap, it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack!
The Gregory Maven 55 Women’s internal frame backpack is available in your choice of size and color options.
- 3D Hydro Reservoir included
- Aerolon suspension uses a customized lightweight 7001 aluminum chassis design to deliver uncompromised ventilation and load stabilizing trail performance to reduce energy expenditure on the trail.
- Matrix ventilation system uses a foam-matrix backpanel structure encapsulated by breathable mesh to provide air flow and moisture evaporation, in order to reduce energy expenditure and increase comfort
- Quickadjust hipbelts and back height system provide the perfect fit every time, while the unique hipbelt adjustment allow the hipbelt pockets to move with the adjustment to maintain easy pocket access
- Gription lumbar pad with soft-molded silicon gription pad technology for enhanced load transfer and energy savings
- 3D shoulder harnesses and hipbelt with dual density LIfeSpan EVA foam construction for an amazingly cush ride in a sub-four pound pack
- Raincover stows in zippered mesh compartment beneath front stuff pocket and doubles as accessory pocket
- Sunglass quickstow system on shoulder harness allows a quick, secure and scratch-free way to store your shades on the go
- Dual zippered hipbelt pockets for quick access items on the trail (one mesh and one shell fabric for storage flexibility)
- Sidewinder bottle stash: dual stretch-mesh side pockets, one which provides on-the-go water bottle access with optional tether for pocket security when not in use (offered on largest two style)
- Front stretch stuff pocket for gear overflow and organization
- Ultra-light top flap option included by removing the sleeping bag divider and using it in place of the traditional top-pocket for an ultra-light configuration
- Sleeping bag multi-straps removable via girth hitch, these handy straps can be used to carry your sleeping pad or removed to carry other items on the pack or used as a hipbelt on the SideKick daypack
- Double zip floating top pocket has additional zippered pocket for organization and access to small items such as headlamps or maps
- Goal Zero attachment points on top pockets
- Reinforced bottom panel with dual-layer construction for superior abrasion, weather and puncture resistance
- Molded webbing keepers for compression strap management
- Includes sidekick daypack, a combination reservoir sleeve and ultra-light, removable daypack, perfect for daytrips, summit hikes, or supply runs into town during a thru-hike
Best Use Backpacking Access Top Loading w/ Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Xsmall/Small: 3234 cu in
Small/Medium: 3356 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 50 lbs Material Body: 210 CryptoRip Nylon and 100D High Tenacity Nylon
Base: 210 High Tenacity Nylon w/135D HD polyester
Lining:135D HD Polyester
Item Weight Xsmall/Small: 3 lbs 5 oz
Small/Medium: 3 lbs 6 oz
Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes; 3 Liter 3D Hydro Reservoir included Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Xsmall/Small: 13" - 17"
Small/Medium: 16" - 20"
Dimensions Xsmall/Small: 28" x 13" x 10.5"
Small/Medium: 30" x 13" x 10"
Detachable Daypack Yes Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- Over all this a super versitile pack that can be used for both travel and backpacking
Likes: Carry on size for planes
Comfy hip belt
Comes with water blatter
The day pack was super helpful for day trips in town
Rain cover was a nice bonus
Dislikes: Took a little bit of time to adjust the torso and belt to fit
A lot of straps that were kinda more complicated than they needed to be
Sleeping bag divider was hard to take on and off
- Great pack
Likes: This is a very comfortable fitting pack. It feels a little stiff new, but once I wear into it I can really see myself enjoying it. It's a great size to split a 3day load with someone else with a pack.
Dislikes: Not a dislike, but I did not receive the hydro pack in the package. I called customer service this morning (they are not open over the weekend and I got this delivered on Friday) and spoke to Shane who was extremely pleasant and is shipping one out to me today.
My husband ordered the Paragon which did have the reservoir with it and telling by his, it is awesome!
- Not Too Heavy, Not Too Light
Likes: It doesn't have too many pockets or unnecessary straps. Has a more simple look, which helps cut down on the weight. The adjustable back helps especially if you're in between sizes. The adjustable belt felt much better on my hips than others, I liked that I was able to position the pocket in a much-more comfortable spot vs. my previous pack. Little bonus, is the strap that keeps your shades from falling off.
Dislikes: None yet.
- Perfect for my wife.
Likes: Good fit vs Osprey. Good all around size. Nice attachments. Included water bladder a nice bonus.
Dislikes: Could use a better/larger mesh pouch on back (a small factor).
- Very happy with backpack.
Likes: Love all the pockets and the bottom access. Very light weght and comfotable. Great price for backpack with bladder and rain cover. I have gotten several compliments from fellow hikers.
Dislikes: Wish waist belt pockets were a little bigger.
- Good support
Likes: Support my low back well and love the support system
- Happy with purchase! First time backpacker
Likes: Took this on a 3 day 22 mile trek in Hawaii. It was my first backpacking trip. Guessing I had about 20-23 lbs in there. Multiple compartments and pockets for easy access. Hip belt pockets are a must. The rain fly was also a must. Was pretty comfortable for me the entire way. I felt a little sore in my shoulders afterwards, but figured that is normal. Love that they added in the extra hydro flask! The removal daypack is also a nice touch, though I have yet to use it besides storing the water bladder. Overall very happy with my purchase.
Dislikes: Not much as this point. Maybe I’ll edit this if I change my mind on later trips.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »