The versatile Maven 35 Women’s pack employs an innovative suspension system that allows it to comfortably carry up to 40 pounds and stow 2136 cubic inches of gear at a weight well below that of its load-hauling peers. Adding value and functionality, Backcountry Edge includes a 3D Hydro Reservoir.
Addressing the different wants and needs of female hikers Gregory's Women's backpacks cater to the woman on the go. Designed and tested by women these packs incorporate shoulder harnesses contoured to fit the female figure and hipbelt panels built to adjust to fit women's hip angles. Reflecting the difference in male and female ergonomics these packs also employ narrower backpanels.
Equipped with Gregory’s Aerolon suspension system, the pack employs an ultra-lightweight hollow 7001 aluminum frame and a mesh-encased, die-cut foam backpanel to offer excellent load stabilization and ventilated performance. Adjustability in the harness allows you to customize fit. Load lifter straps and an adjustable sternum strap further enhance fit and ensure stability. Siliconized padding in the lumbar portion of the pack increases comfort and aids in load transfer. To ensure a customized fit, the pack is available in Xsmall/Small (fits torso sizes ranging from 13”-17”) and Small/Medium (16”-20”) size options.
The top-loading main compartment of the pack has an extendible drawstring closure. A zippered front entry allows access to a separate, lower sleeping bag compartment. A large front stuff pocket provides a place to keep discarded layers or other gear easily accessible. Zippered lid pockets and zippered hipbelt pockets offer additional organizational options. Side compression straps allow you to cinch down the packbag to keep the contents of the pack stabilized and they double as external lash points.
Other features include large side stretch water bottle pockets, trekking pole attachments, a front harness quick-stow feature for sunglasses, and an included raincover. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (3D Hydro Reservoir Included).
The Gregory Maven 35 Women’s backpack is available in your choice of size and color options.
- 3D Hydro Reservoir included
- Aerolon suspension uses a customized lightweight 7001 aluminum chassis design to deliver uncompromised ventilation and load stabilizing trail performance to reduce energy expenditure on the trail.
- Matrix ventilation system uses a foam-matrix backpanel structure encapsulated by breathable mesh to provide air flow and moisture evaporation, in order to reduce energy expenditure and increase comfort
- Adjustable back height system provides the perfect fit every time
- Gription lumbar pad with soft-molded silicon gription pad technology for enhanced load transfer and energy savings
- 3D shoulder harnesses and hipbelt with dual density LIfeSpan EVA foam construction for an amazingly cush ride in a sub-four pound pack
- Raincover stows in zippered mesh compartment beneath front stuff pocket and doubles as accessory pocket
- Sunglass quickstow system on shoulder harness allows a quick, secure and scratch-free way to store your shades on the go
- Dual zippered hipbelt pockets for quick access items on the trail (one mesh and one shell fabric for storage flexibility)
- Sidewinder bottle stash: dual stretch-mesh side pockets, one which provides on-the-go water bottle access with optional tether for pocket security when not in use (offered on largest two style)
- Front stretch stuff pocket for gear overflow and organization
- Sleeping bag multi-straps removable via girth hitch, these handy straps can be used to carry your sleeping pad or removed to carry other items on the pack
- Double zip top pocket has additional zippered pocket for organization and access to small items such as headlamps or maps
- Goal Zero attachment points on top pockets
- Reinforced bottom panel with dual-layer construction for superior abrasion, weather and puncture resistance
- Molded webbing keepers for compression strap management
Best Use Hiking Access Top Loading w/ Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Xsmall/Small: 2014 cu in
Small/Medium: 2136 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 40 lbs Material Body: 210 CryptoRip Nylon and 100D High Tenacity Nylon
Base: 210 High Tenacity Nylon w/135D HD polyester
Lining: 135D HD Polyester
Item Weight Xsmall/Small: 2 lbs 11 oz
Small/Medium: 2 lbs 15 oz
Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes; 3 Liter 3D Hydro Reservoir Included Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Xsmall/Small: 13" - 17"
Small/Medium: 16" - 20"
Dimensions Xsmall/Small: 23" x 13" x 10"
Small/Medium: 23" x 13" x 10"
Detachable Daypack n/a Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- Comfortable, supportive and plenty of room!
Likes: Excellent lumbar support, comfortable padding on hip and shoulder straps, attractive design (love the gray with blue detailing), convenient hip pockets, and absolutely LOVED that this came with a free Gregory 3L hydration system!!!!
Dislikes: I’ve used this on several hikes so far as I am training for some upcoming multi-day backpacking trips. The only thing I don’t like is that I can’t reach my Nalgene in the side pocket if I am not using the hydration bladder system. Also this doesn’t have a u-shaped zipper opening to access the middle of the pack, but I do like that you can access it from the bottom of the pack as well as the top.
- Great lightweight pack
Likes: Choose this pack for my Wife to start backpacking. She loves the lumbar support, and also likes the adjustability to fit her frame. Pretty cool the hydration bladder was included as well. Seems to hold all she needs for an overnight on the trail.
Dislikes: None so far.
- Daughter's pack
Likes: I searched high and low for a pack that my young daughter would be able to utilize for a long time and after three other packs, this Maven was the perfect fit at its lowest back length setting. I'm writing this review, after just hitting 100miles of trails, over several trips, on the AT in the VA and MD sections, I have not heard of any complaints from her about the pack or its fit. She really takes every advantage of the features offered on the pack, the water reservoir system and the its magnetic attachment, hipbelt pockets, sunglasses attachment and so-on. Also, the pack, in the 35L configuration is very very light in weight and with the smart frame/suspension system, comfort is not an issue. For this reason, I also purchased a Gregory Paragon (men's version of the Maven) because my UL backpack could not handle the weight of carrying items for my self and two of my kids such as the multi-person UL tent, extra water for the kids.
I would highly recommend this pack for comfort, breath-ability, function, bottom zipper for accessing your quilt or tent, (without dumping your pack) and for the smaller framed person.
Dislikes: Not really a dislike -- One thing that I thought would be better is to lose the rain cover and instead, for Gregory to offer DWR waterproofing treatment on their fabric. The waterproof rain cover that is included fits perfectly and works as it should without complaint, but without it, this pack would become a near-UL pack that provides comfort and great weight support.
- Happy with this bag, overall
Likes: Floating Top is great. It has two handy zippered compartments, one for small quick access like wallet and special hook on a tab for keys, the other has two zipper pulls from each side for larger items that you need in a hurry. Huge mesh front access pocket that has a clip. Two way drawstrings, one to open and one to close. Comfortable. Love the way the belt tightens. All the clips work well. Like the free 3 L hydration pack. Lots of places to hand things on shoulder straps next to sternum, like compass and sunglasses especially the stretchy thing on the left. The sleeping back compartment is a great place to put rain pants and jacket for quick access. Really like the wide waist belt and the way you pull both sides toward your belly button to adjust the tightness. Raincover is bigger than necessary, possibly borrowed from a bigger bag, can't figure out how the attachment points work. Possibly wouldn't be too big if I had it loaded to capacity.
Dislikes: Side mesh pockets are not accessible for water bottles unless you take off the pack. Side belt pockets could be a little bigger. Would prefer both not mesh. Wish the side compression straps unclipped so I could use them for snowshoes. Hope to get creative by using twisty cables or something. Although the Gregories weigh more, they are so comfortable. 2nd Gregory bag I've bought here.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »