The award-winning Gregory Deva 60 Women's internal frame backpack boasts a wealth of access points, an array of trail-worthy features and an innovative, custom-fit women's specific suspension system that combine to make this 3400+ cubic inch pack ideal for long weekends or multi-day trips.
Addressing the different wants and needs of female hikers, Gregory's Women's backpacks cater to the woman on the go. Designed and tested by women, these packs incorporate shoulder harnesses contoured to fit the female figure and hipbelt panels built to adjust to fit women's hip angles. Reflecting the difference in male and female ergonomics, these packs also employ narrower backpanels.
Gregory has equipped the pack with the high-performance Response A3 suspension system. Designed to flex with the natural movements of your body, a “wishbone” aluminum alloy wire frame works in tandem with anti-barreling support to help distribute weight evenly and provide superior load stability, comfort, and range of motion. A composite EVA foam backpanel offers breathability and support while resting comfortably against your back. Extensive, contoured padding in the harness, lumbar area, and hipbelt further enhance both fit and comfort. The pre-curved shoulder straps and hipbelt fins move independently of one another to mirror your every movement on-trail or off. These components are available in varying sizes, allowing you to properly customize fit. If you require customization of components, please leave detailed instructions about what size hipbelt and/or harness you need in the “Order Comment” field on the “Order Review” screen at checkout or call us at 1.800.617.0643 to place your customized order directly with one of our Gear Specialists. A sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance the pack’s fit and ensure the stability of your load.
A lashed divider separates the top and front-entry main compartment of the pack from its lower sleeping bag compartment, allowing for organization and separation of wet and dry gear. When hauling longer items or in need of access between the two compartments, you can open the divider and convert the pack to a single, large compartment. An extendible lid includes zippered pockets for stowing gear and can be detached entirely to save weight.
Other features include an enormous front stretch pocket, zippered side bellows pockets, a canted, hideaway water bottle holder, two zippered hipbelt pockets one of which is entirely waterproof, gear attachment loops, trekking pole attachments, a front harness quick-stow feature for sunglasses, and side, cross over and lower panel compression straps. Gregory also includes a raincover for full protection against the elements. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (hydration system sold separately). That same sleeve can be removed entirely and, thanks to its integrated minimalist shoulder straps, it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack!
The Gregory Deva 60 Women's backpack is available in your choice of colors and Xsmall (best fits torso lengths ranging from 14"-16”), Small (16"-18"), and Medium (18”-20”) size options.
California residents: view proposition 65 WARNING
- Custom torso sizing includes an additional inch of adjustability by moving the shoulder harness between the upper and lower AutoCant slot at the top of the shoulder harness
- Gender-specific design to make sure the weight is comfortably carried on the hips
- QuickSwap components offer three harness sizes and five hipbelt sizes
- Removable Lumbar Tune system located behind the ComfortGrip lower back padding allows you to increase or decrease the curvature of the lower back panel to fit your back shape
- Auto Angle Adjust (A3) hipbelt and shoulder harness allows the harness and hiblet to rotate independently of each other, delivering a dynamic but stable ride that adapts to your body's movement over varied terrain
- 3D AIR hipbelt and shoulder harness utlize Gregory's PreCurve technology and multi-density LifeSpan EVA foam to eliminate hotspots and relieve pressure in sensitive areas, while 3D AIR mesh wicks away moisture
- High-strength tubular aluminum wishbone frame channels the weight of the pack to the center of your lower back and around your hip structure while anti-barreling support prevents the pack from losing its shape and keeps the load close to your center of gravity
- Ventilated structural foam wrapped in breathable mesh for moisture management and airflow in a low-profile backpanel design
- Soft-molded contoured pad with silicone grip overlays at the base of the backpanel ensures comfortable load transfer and prevents slippage
- Full body U-zip opening
- Stretch mesh side stash pocket
- Weathershield water resistant hipbelt pocket
- Sunglass quickstow
- Custom fit raincover included in pocket on underside of top lid
- Sidewinder bottle holster tucks away when not in use
- Dual front zippered organization pockets
- Double barrel top lid design
- Zippered bottom sleeping bag compartment
- Dual trekking pole attachments
- Top pocket solar attachment points
- Comfort-grip molded zipper pulls
- SideKick ultra-light, removable daypack doubles as hanging reservoir sleeve
Best Use Backpacking, Mountaineering Access Top Loading w/ Side Access and Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume XSmall: 3417 cu in
Small: 3661 cu in
Medium: 3905 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 50 lbs Material Nylon Item Weight XSmall: 4 lbs 3 oz
Small: 4 lbs 10 oz
Medium: 4 lbs 13 oz
Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso XSmall: 14" - 16"
Small: 16" - 18"
Medium: 18" - 20"
Dimensions XSmall: 26" x 12" x 13"
Small: 28" x 12" x 13"
Medium: 30" x 12" x 13"
Detachable Daypack Yes Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- Best Lumbar Support
Likes: With nooks and crannies to stow away all your backpacking essentials, this pack is most outstanding in its removable lumbar support.
- highly functional backpack but watch for sizing
Likes: Gregory backpack has so many great features that will make you fall in love with the backpack. The small details like water bottle holder on the side that is tilted slightly so it's easier to grab (and can be put away), waterproof pockets on the hip belt to store your phone, hydration pack holder than can be used as a day pack. It also comes with a rain cover where a lot of other backpacks do not. There is a significant lumbar support at the lower back area.
Dislikes: When I measured my spine (and also got it measured twice) I was size small. But when the backpack actually arrived, it did not fit. I tried on xs at a different store and it fit perfectly. (i measured 17 inches). I'm not sure if this backpack 'runs big' or my body is just shaped differently. Also, when I walked around with 20lbs in the pack, the hard plastic-ish part of the lumbar support started to dig into my right lower back. I was very disappointed that this backpack did not work out for me. Because of the lumbar support, this backpack might be something either you really love or hate.
- My first serious backpack purchase - success!
Likes: It took me a few trips to local stores to try on backpacks before convinced gregory deva was the right choice for me. I really wanted to like another brand best but the fit just wasn't right. When the packs were weighted and tried on there was no doubt this fit me best (fyi 5'5", XS). I believe this is due to the awesome lumbar support and separate hip belt movements per side on the deva.
I also really enjoy having the separated pocket compartments per side that don't add more bulk but let you organize gear.
The water bottle holder fit a nalgene perfectly and was easily accessible without falling out multiple times during boulder hopping (like my trip mate's).
The sunglass holder was also great to use in and out of a wooded trail - but be aware they're in there or you may forget and throw your pack down right on top - learned that one that hard way!
Dislikes: On my first back country trek, I found I had a pretty sore pressure point on each of my hips (front/lateral) at the end of the days. This may have been due to my inexperience with the bag and I'll be adjusting a few things next trip. I didn't have a bit of back pain though so that was awesome.
I wish the internal bag that functions as a water reservoir holder was waterproof - my water bladder decided to leak which resulted in the sleeping bag compartment getting wet - not the Deva's fault.
Wish there were more neutral colour options.
Weight is heavier but the comfort was excellent with almost 30 pounds on so it's a trade off.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »