With its rugged construction, load-hauling capability, and wealth of features, the Gregory Denali backpack is ready-made for extended backpacking and mountaineering.
Gregory’s celebrated Denali Pro was long the pack of choice for mountaineering and alpine expeditions. The Denali 100 carries on that legacy by offering that same durability and load-carrying capability (up to 80 lbs) at a fraction of the weight and with a modern set of features.
Often large, heavy-hauling packs can be rigid and non-responsive to ensure that they can effectively support weight. Gregory’s FusionFlex Pro suspension system equips the Denali 100 with support and flexibility. Twin aluminum stays, an anti-barreling cross stay, and an integrated framesheet provide support and stability, but a molded EVA foam backpanel, an auto-cant harness and pre-curved hipbelt enable the pack to conform to the shape of your back and move with you both on trail and off. A sternum strap and load-lifter straps enhance the fit of the pack and further ensure the stability of your load. Anticipating the possibility of the pack being worn in tandem with a climbing harness, the hipbelt padding can be stripped away to eliminate an awkward doubling up of the pack and the harness. The aluminum stays and the lid of the pack can also be removed in instances when you’re traveling lighter.
The voluminous packbag of the Denali 100 offers more than 5900 cubic inches of storage capacity. Even when you don’t need the full capacity, an integrated compression system enables you to reduce excess space in the pack, secure your load, keep weight shift to a minimum, and increase your balance and maneuverability. The pack’s 210D and 420D nylon fabrics balance weight and abrasion resistance. The pack’s super-durable 630D high-density nylon bottom absorbs punishment while protecting the Denali 100 and ensuring longevity. A dual layer, laminated front panel protects the packs from the wear and tear of crampons, ice tools, or snowshoes.
The Denali 100 incorporates both top access and zippered side access to allow quick and easy access to the contents of the pack. Dual front pocket offer a lot of additional storage space and a zip-away divider enables you to convert that pocket to a single large compartment. The pack’s extendible lid of includes a zippered pocket for stowing gear and can be detached entirely when not needed. A quick-access side zippered pocket is ideal for maps, headlamps, or other valuables. Expandable side pockets and a hipbelt accessory pocket provide even more places to stow gear.
The Denali 100 has a number of other backcountry-ready features, including dual daisy-chain attachment points, stowable/adjustable ice axe attachments, side compression straps that double as a ski carry, spare buckle straps for lashing gear, and a small bivy pad for alpine or mountaineering use. An integrated, lined sleeve and tube port make the Denali 100 hydration system (not included) compatible.
The Gregory Denali 100 is available in your choice of Small (fits torso sizes ranging from 16”-18” in length), Medium (18”-20”) and Large (20”-22”) size options.
- Side slash zipper for easy access to main body
- Large, fold-away side pockets for water bottles or pickets
- Expedition waist belt with sled pull attachment, gear loop, ice clipper sleeve and zippered pocket
- Tubular gear loops and reinforced daisy chain on front of pack
- Dual layer, internally laminated TPU front panel to protect against crampons and ice tools
- Strippable suspension for weight savings (waistbelt and stays)
- Autocant harness adjusts to individual shoulder angle for a custom fit
- Removable bivy pad
- Adjustable ice axe loops for leashless and mixed climbing tools
- High visibility interior
- Removable top pocket with zippered mesh interior pocket and security pocket on underside
- Unique bottom panel layering is highly puncture and abrasion resistant
- V-compression on lower sides integrates with side pocket functionality
- Cross-over front compression provides complete bag compression as well as alternate attachment system
- Zippered, quick-access side pocket for headlamp and map access
- Hydration reservoir sleeve and port
- Versatile front panel pocket with zip away internal divider and dual entry
Access Top Loading w/ Side Access Recommended Use Mountaineering, Alpine Climbing, and Extended Backpacking Warranty Lifetime Volume Small: 5919 cu in
Medium: 6102 cu in
Large: 6285 cu in
Type Internal Frame Torso Adjustment n/a Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Position Maximum Weight 80 lbs Item Weight Small: 6 lbs 1 oz
Medium: 6 lbs 4 oz
Large: 6 lbs 7 oz
Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small: 16"-18"
Detachable Daypack n/a