The Gregory Baltoro 85 internal frame backpack boasts a wealth of access points, an array of trail-worthy features and an innovative, custom-fit suspension system that combine to make this 5000+ cubic inch pack ideal for extended backcountry adventures.
Gregory has equipped the pack with the high-performance Response A3 suspension system. Designed to flex with the natural movements of your body, a “wishbone” aluminum alloy wire frame works in tandem with anti-barreling support to help distribute weight evenly and provide superior load stability, comfort, and range of motion. A composite EVA foam backpanel offers breathability and support while resting comfortably against your back. Extensive, contoured padding in the harness, lumbar area, and hipbelt further enhance both fit and comfort. The pre-curved shoulder straps and hipbelt fins move independently of one another to mirror your every movement on-trail or off. These components are available in varying sizes, allowing you to properly customize fit. If you require customization of components, please leave detailed instructions about what size hipbelt and/or harness you need in the “Order Comment” field on the “Order Review” screen at checkout or call us at 1.800.617.0643 to place your customized order directly with one of our Gear Specialists. A sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance the pack’s fit and ensure the stability of your load.
A lashed divider separates the top and front-entry main compartment of the pack from its lower sleeping bag compartment, allowing for organization and separation of wet and dry gear. When hauling longer items or in need of access between the two compartments, you can open the divider and convert the pack to a single, large compartment. An extendible lid includes zippered pockets for stowing gear and can be detached entirely to save weight.
Other features include an enormous front stretch pocket, zippered side bellows pockets, a canted, hideaway water bottle holder, two zippered hipbelt pockets one of which is entirely waterproof, gear attachment loops, trekking pole attachments, a front harness quick-stow feature for sunglasses, and side, cross over and lower panel compression straps. Gregory also includes a raincover for full protection against the elements. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (hydration system sold separately). That same sleeve can be removed entirely and, thanks to its integrated minimalist shoulder straps, it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack!
The Gregory Baltoro 85 backpack is available in your choice of colors and Small (best fits torso lengths ranging from 16”-18”), Medium (18”-20”) and Large (20”-22”) size options.
California residents: view proposition 65 WARNING
- Custom torso sizing includes an additional inch of adjustability by moving the shoulder harness between the upper and lower AutoCant slot at the top of the shoulder harness
- Gender-specific design to make sure the weight is comfortably carried on the hips
- QuickSwap components offer three harness sizes and five hipbelt sizes
- Removable Lumbar Tune system located behind the ComfortGrip lower back padding allows you to increase or decrease the curvature of the lower back panel to fit your back shape
- Auto Angle Adjust (A3) hipbelt and shoulder harness allows the harness and hiblet to rotate independently of each other, delivering a dynamic but stable ride that adapts to your body's movement over varied terrain
- 3D AIR hipbelt and shoulder harness utlize Gregory's PreCurve technology and multi-density LifeSpan EVA foam to eliminate hotspots and relieve pressure in sensitive areas, while 3D AIR mesh wicks away moisture
- High-strength tubular aluminum wishbone frame channels the weight of the pack to the center of your lower back and around your hip structure while anti-barreling support prevents the pack from losing its shape and keeps the load close to your center of gravity
- Ventilated structural foam wrapped in breathable mesh for moisture management and airflow in a low-profile backpanel design
- Soft-molded contoured pad with silicone grip overlays at the base of the backpanel ensures comfortable load transfer and prevents slippage
- Full body U-zip opening
- Stretch mesh side stash pocket
- Weathershield water resistant hipbelt pocket
- Sunglass quickstow
- Custom fit raincover included in pocket on underside of top lid
- Sidewinder bottle holster tucks away when not in use
- Dual front zippered organization pockets
- Double barrel top lid design
- Zippered bottom sleeping bag compartment
- Dual trekking pole attachments
- Top pocket solar attachment points
- Comfort-grip molded zipper pulls
- SideKick ultra-light, removable daypack doubles as hanging reservoir sleeve
Best Use Backpacking, Mountaineering Access Top Loading w/ Side Access and Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Small: 5004 cu in
Medium: 5187 cu in
Large: 5370 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 60 lbs Material Nylon Item Weight Small: 5 lbs
Medium: 5 lbs 2 oz
Large: 5 lbs 7 oz
Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small: 16" - 18"
Medium: 18" - 20"
Large: 20" - 22"
Dimensions Small: 28" x 15" x 14"
Medium: 30" x 15" x 14"
Large: 32" x 15" x 14"
Detachable Daypack Yes Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- A best bang for your buck pack, Very comfortable.
Likes: Modular, organized compartments, spacious, light weight, durable.
Dislikes: I wish it had a molle compatible area.
- I love this thing
Likes: I also have the 2017 75L version. I love this size. I winter camp/hike so I need room for plenty of puffy layers and a bit bigger sleeping bag. This pack fits the bill. Extremely comfortable as Gregory packs are known for so no surprise there. Love the mesh back stretchie pocket and the redesign of the back pockets. Also as much as I hate to say it because I love pockets, getting rid of the side pockets from the 2017 models was a great call. Those things were worthless unless the pack main was only 75% full. Love this pack.
Dislikes: Doesn't come with a Sherpa.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »