The award-winning Gregory Baltoro 85 (4880+ cubic inch capacity) backpack boasts a wealth of access points, an array of features, and an innovative, custom-fit suspension system that combine to make it a backcountry workhorse.
The award-winning Gregory Baltoro 85 internal frame backpack boasts a wealth of access points, an array of trail-worthy features and an innovative, custom-fit suspension system that combine to make this 4880+ cubic inch pack a backcountry workhorse.
Determined to avoid the failings of ill-fitting backpacks, Gregory has equipped the Baltoro 85 with the high-performance Response Automatic Angle Adjust (A3) suspension system. Designed to flex with the natural movements of your body, a “wishbone” 7075 aluminum alloy wire frame works in tandem with an HDPE framesheet to distribute weight evenly, providing superior load stability, comfort and range of motion. With the expectation that the Baltoro 85 may be expected to haul loads of as much as 60 pounds, Gregory also equipped the pack with dual, anti-barreling support stays to make certain that weight is properly supported. A composite EVA foam backpanel offers breathability and support while resting comfortably against your back. Extensive, contoured padding in the harness, lumbar area, and hipbelt further enhance both fit and comfort. A removable shim of EVA foam can be used or removed to beef up the lumbar padding to best suit your preference. The pre-curved shoulder straps and hipbelt fins move independently of one another to mirror your every movement on-trail or off. These components are available in varying sizes, allowing you to customize the Baltoro 85 to deliver the best fit for backpackers of all shapes and sizes. A sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance the pack’s fit and ensure the stability of your load.
A lashed divider separates the top and front-entry main compartment of the Baltoro 85 from a lower sleeping bag compartment, allowing for organization and separation of wet and dry gear. When hauling longer items or in need of access between the two compartments, you can unhook the divider and convert the Baltoro 85 to a single, large compartment. The extendible lid of the Baltoro 85 includes a weather-resistant zippered pocket for stowing gear and can be detached entirely to save weight. The pack has a wealth of other organizational features, including an enormous zippered front pocket, dual zippered bellows side pockets, two sizable and separated lid pockets, and a smaller zip pocket on the underside of the lid.
Other features include a canted, hideaway water bottle holder, two zippered hipbelt pockets one of which is entirely waterproof, gear attachment loops, and side, cross over and lower panel compression straps. Gregory also includes a raincover for full protection against the elements. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the Baltoro 85 hydration system (sold separately) compatible. That same sleeve can be removed entirely and, thanks to its integrated minimalist shoulder strap, it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack!
The Gregory Baltoro 85 backpack is available in your choice of colors and Small (fits torso lengths ranging from 16”-18”), Medium (18”-20”) and Large (20”-22”) size options.
- Vented, formed back panel features LifeSpan foam & silicone lumbar grip zone
- LumbarTune removable10mm insert offers user-customizable contouring for a precise backpanel fit
- QuickSwap 3D interchangeable pre-curved LifeSpan EVA foam harness & hipbelt in multiple sizes to precisely fit each body
- SideKick ultra-light, removable daypack doubles as hanging reservoir sleeve Included removable raincover stows in its own zippered pocket
- Top-loading design with front U-zip panel access
- Double Barrel lid design with dual zippered pockets on top and security pocket underneath
- SideWinder stowable ergonomic bottle holster
- WeatherShield PU-coated hipbelt accessory pocket with YKK AquaGuard zipper
- Girth-hitched compression
- MultiStraps on bottom double as hipbelt for SideKick daypack
- Dual ice axe loops and upper shock locks for ice tool and trekking pole attachment
- Twin side-mounted zippered gear pockets
- Stretch mesh water bottle/trail stash pocket
- External access sleeping bag compartment with removable internal divider
Best Use Backpacking, Mountaineering Access Top Loading w/ Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 4882 cu in
Medium: 5187 cu in
Large: 5492 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Torso Adjustment Yes Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Position Other Rain Cover Included Maximum Weight 60 lbs Material Body: 210D Nylon, 300D Nylon
Base: 630D High-Density Nylon
Item Weight Small: 5 lb 3 oz
Medium: 5 lb 5 oz
Large: 5 lb 11 oz
Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small: 16"-18"
Dimensions Small: 30" x 19" x 15"
Medium:32" x 19" x 15"
Large: 33" x 20" x 16"
- Great Pack
Likes: Sturdy and distributes weight evenly, Day pack inside