Equipping an award-winning pack with a solar panel and a portable battery, the Gregory Baltoro 75 GZ internal frame backpack offers a modern upgrade without sacrificing any of the load-hauling capability or trail-worthy features backpackers have long relied upon.
Determined to avoid the failings of ill-fitting backpacks, Gregory has equipped the pack with the high-performance Response Automatic Angle Adjust (A3) suspension system. Designed to flex with the natural movements of your body, a “wishbone” 7075 aluminum alloy wire frame works in tandem with an HDPE framesheet to distribute weight evenly, providing superior load stability, comfort and range of motion. A composite EVA foam backpanel offers breathability and support while resting comfortably against your back. Extensive, contoured padding in the harness, lumbar area, and hipbelt further enhance both fit and comfort. A removable shim of EVA foam can be used or removed to beef up the lumbar padding to best suit your preference. The pre-curved shoulder straps and hipbelt fins move independently of one another to mirror your every movement on-trail or off. A sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance the pack’s fit and ensure the stability of your load.
The main compartment of the 4400+ cubic inch pack can be reached via front or top entry points. A lashed divider separates the main compartment from a lower sleeping bag compartment, allowing for organization and separation of wet and dry gear. When hauling longer items or in need of access between the two compartments, you can unhook the divider and convert to a single, large compartment. The pack has a wealth of other organizational features, including an enormous zippered front pocket, dual zippered bellows side pockets, two sizable and separated lid pockets, and a smaller zip pocket on the underside of the lid.
A customized, extendible lid protects the interior of the packbag from the elements. A unique design incorporates a Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus solar panel with a fold-down design that allows the panel to gather energy all day long while you’re busy hiking. There is also internal storage which houses a Goal Zero Flip 10 Charger which can effectively provide a full recharge to a cellphone or other small electronics. With these elements integrated directly into your pack, you can venture deep into the backcountry and keep all of your electronics functioning. When not needed, the lid and components can be removed and left behind.
Other features include a canted, hideaway water bottle holder, two zippered hipbelt pockets one of which is entirely waterproof, gear attachment loops, and side, cross over, and lower panel compression straps. Gregory also includes a raincover for full protection against the elements. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (hydration system sold separately). That same sleeve can be removed entirely and, thanks to its integrated minimalist shoulder strap, it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack!
The Gregory Baltoro 75 GZ backpack is available in Small (fits torso lengths ranging from 16”-18”), Medium (18”-20”) and Large (20”-22”) size options.
- Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus solar panel is integrated into a magnetically secured flip down panel located on lid
- Flip 10 Recharger is conveniently located in top zippered pocket
- Vented, formed back panel features LifeSpan foam & silicone lumbar grip zone
- LumbarTune removable10mm insert offers user-customizable contouring for a precise backpanel fit
- QuickSwap 3D interchangeable pre-curved LifeSpan EVA foam harness & hipbelt in multiple sizes to precisely fit each body
- SideKick ultra-light, removable daypack doubles as hanging reservoir sleeve
- Included removable raincover stowes in its own zippered pocket
- Top-loading design with front U-zip panel access
- Double Barrel lid design with dual zippered pockets on top and security pocket underneath
- SideWinder stowable ergonomic bottle holster
- WeatherShield PU-coated hipbelt accessory pocket with YKK AquaGuard zipper
- Girth-hitched compression MultiStraps on bottom double as hipbelt for SideKick daypack
- Dual ice axe loops and upper shock locks for ice tool and trekking pole attachment
- Stretch mesh water bottle/trail stash pocket
- External access sleeping bag compartment with removable internal divider
Best Use Backpacking, Mountaineering Access Top Loading w/ Side Access and Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Small: 4332 cu in
Medium: 4577 cu in
Large: 4820 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 55 lbs Material Body: 210D nylon, 300D nylon
Base: 630D high-density nylon
Lining: 200D polyester;
Item Weight Small: 5 lbs 15 oz
Medium: 6 lbs 2 oz
Large: 6 lbs 6 oz
Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small: 16"-18"
Dimensions Small: 29.5" x 18" x 13.7"
Regular: 31.5" x 19" x 14.5"
Large: 33.5" x 19" x 15"
Detachable Daypack Yes; Sidekick Pack Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- Load Hauling Beast!! Carries weight very well!
Likes: Heavy for a pack but carries the packed weight like no other backpack. Quality craftsmanship from Gregory and very durable materials! The A3 suspension is very comfortable. Access point from the top, front zipper and bottom compartment is great. Very convenient twin side zippered compartments!
And as always, amazing customer service from everyone at BackCountry Edge!!
Dislikes: Back mesh suspension could use a bit more ventilation.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »