The award-winning Gregory Baltoro 75 internal frame backpack boasts a wealth of access points, an array of trail-worthy features and an innovative, custom-fit suspension system that combine to make this 4300+ cubic inch pack a backcountry workhorse.
Gregory has equipped the pack with the high-performance Response A3 suspension system. Designed to flex with the natural movements of your body, a “wishbone” aluminum alloy wire frame works in tandem with anti-barreling support to help distribute weight evenly and provide superior load stability, comfort, and range of motion. A composite EVA foam backpanel offers breathability and support while resting comfortably against your back. Extensive, contoured padding in the harness, lumbar area, and hipbelt further enhance both fit and comfort. The pre-curved shoulder straps and hipbelt fins move independently of one another to mirror your every movement on-trail or off. These components are available in varying sizes, allowing you to properly customize fit. If you require customization of components, please leave detailed instructions about what size hipbelt and/or harness you need in the “Order Comment” field on the “Order Review” screen at checkout or call us at 1.800.617.0643 to place your customized order directly with one of our Gear Specialists. A sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance the pack’s fit and ensure the stability of your load.
A lashed divider separates the top and front-entry main compartment of the pack from its lower sleeping bag compartment, allowing for organization and separation of wet and dry gear. When hauling longer items or in need of access between the two compartments, you can open the divider and convert the pack to a single, large compartment. An extendible lid includes zippered pockets for stowing gear and can be detached entirely to save weight.
Other features include an enormous front stretch pocket, zippered side bellows pockets, a canted, hideaway water bottle holder, two zippered hipbelt pockets one of which is entirely waterproof, gear attachment loops, trekking pole attachments, a front harness quick-stow feature for sunglasses, and side, cross over and lower panel compression straps. Gregory also includes a raincover for full protection against the elements. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (hydration system sold separately). That same sleeve can be removed entirely and, thanks to its integrated minimalist shoulder straps, it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack!
The Gregory Baltoro 75 backpack is available in your choice of colors and Small (best fits torso lengths ranging from 16”-18”), Medium (18”-20”) and Large (20”-22”) size options.
California residents: view proposition 65 WARNING
- Custom torso sizing includes an additional inch of adjustability by moving the shoulder harness between the upper and lower AutoCant slot at the top of the shoulder harness
- Gender-specific design to make sure the weight is comfortably carried on the hips
- QuickSwap components offer three harness sizes and five hipbelt sizes
- Removable Lumbar Tune system located behind the ComfortGrip lower back padding allows you to increase or decrease the curvature of the lower back panel to fit your back shape
- Auto Angle Adjust (A3) hipbelt and shoulder harness allows the harness and hiblet to rotate independently of each other, delivering a dynamic but stable ride that adapts to your body's movement over varied terrain
- 3D AIR hipbelt and shoulder harness utlize Gregory's PreCurve technology and multi-density LifeSpan EVA foam to eliminate hotspots and relieve pressure in sensitive areas, while 3D AIR mesh wicks away moisture
- High-strength tubular aluminum wishbone frame channels the weight of the pack to the center of your lower back and around your hip structure while anti-barreling support prevents the pack from losing its shape and keeps the load close to your center of gravity
- Ventilated structural foam wrapped in breathable mesh for moisture management and airflow in a low-profile backpanel design
- Soft-molded contoured pad with silicone grip overlays at the base of the backpanel ensures comfortable load transfer and prevents slippage
- Full body U-zip opening
- Stretch mesh side stash pocket
- Weathershield water resistant hipbelt pocket
- Sunglass quickstow
- Custom fit raincover included in pocket on underside of top lid
- Sidewinder bottle holster tucks away when not in use
- Dual front zippered organization pockets
- Double barrel top lid design
- Zippered bottom sleeping bag compartment
- Dual trekking pole attachments
- Top pocket solar attachment points
- Comfort-grip molded zipper pulls
- SideKick ultra-light, removable daypack doubles as hanging reservoir sleeve
Best Use Backpacking, Mountaineering Access Top Loading w/ Side Access and Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Small: 4394 cu in
Medium: 4577 cu in
Large: 4760 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 55 lbs Material Nylon Item Weight Small: 4 lbs 13 oz
Medium: 4 lbs 15 oz
Large: 5 lbs 4 oz
Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small: 16" - 18"
Medium: 18" - 20"
Large: 20" - 22"
Dimensions Small: 28" x 14" x 14"
Medium: 30" x 14" x 14"
Large: 32" x 14" x 14"
Detachable Daypack Yes Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
Likes: This is a very comfortable fitting pack. It feels a little stiff new, but once I wear into it I can really see myself enjoying it. It's a great size to split a 3day load with someone else with a pack.
- Great product! Be sure to verify the right fit
Likes: Comfort, intuitive and thoughtful design, Looks sharp, good mix of functionality and durability. I actually ended up purchasing a L last years model at closeout, then went in to a local retailer for a fitting and found that a small rather than a large fit my frame better. At 6’, 190, I’m usually a large or at minimum medium, but a fully loaded (35lb) small actually fit my frame, shoulders and hips best. I opted to get the 2018 model, with the improved breatheability, slightly lighter weight, and small refinements (like the sunglass holder on the L shoulder strap). I will need to return the 2017 large, as it does not fit me well. I’m looking forward to putting this through the paces with some 3+ night backpacking trips. I was considering the Deuter and Osprey, but settled on this for being the best combination of size, features and function.
Dislikes: Be sure to check size before ordering
- Workhorse Pack
Likes: Great pack for extended trips with everything you could possibly need. Handles weight extremely well. Found this pack to be far more comfortable than competitor packs in the same category.
Dislikes: Wish that the removable day bag was similar to competitors (removable top) as opposed to a hydration bladder holder and that hydration bladder storage was kept separate similar to comparable competitor packs. None of this was a deal breaker, but would make the bag that much better.
- Very well made
Likes: I like is the removable water bladder holder, that turns into a daypack/hydration pack when removed. This pack has it all and with it's quality make and materials, I know it will last me for years to come. Great pack and worth the money!
- Great backpack, maybe slightly too large
Likes: This backpack may be good for long backpacking trips. We purchased to compare with the Gregory Baltoro 65 and decided with the smaller size. 65L was plenty of 3 days with room to spare. The functionality of the backpack is great, like any other Gregory backpacks.
Dislikes: With Gregory it's important to try on to see if you would like the curved lumbar support.
- Great multiday pack
Likes: Main compartment size and layout in general
comfortable shoulder straps
accessible water bottle holder
Dislikes: So far none
- excellent pack for multi-day hikes
Likes: ventilation, hip straps, overall balance, easy adjustments, convenient water bottle strap.
Dislikes: weight is considerable, external mesh "shove-it" pocket is poorly designed: placed in the middle of the pack, it is a point of contact with rocks or whatever you lean your pack against. The material it is made of is soft and stretchy and thus, sustained significant damage from just 3 days of hiking. Belt pockets could be just a tad bigger to accommodate the size of IPhone 6
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »