The award-winning Gregory Baltoro 65 internal frame backpack boasts a wealth of access points, an array of trail-worthy features and an innovative, custom-fit suspension system that combine to make this 3700+ cubic inch pack ideal for long weekends or multi-day trips.
Gregory has equipped the pack with the high-performance Response A3 suspension system. Designed to flex with the natural movements of your body, a “wishbone” aluminum alloy wire frame works in tandem with anti-barreling support to help distribute weight evenly and provide superior load stability, comfort, and range of motion. A composite EVA foam backpanel offers breathability and support while resting comfortably against your back. Extensive, contoured padding in the harness, lumbar area, and hipbelt further enhance both fit and comfort. The pre-curved shoulder straps and hipbelt fins move independently of one another to mirror your every movement on-trail or off. These components are available in varying sizes, allowing you to properly customize fit. If you require customization of components, please leave detailed instructions about what size hipbelt and/or harness you need in the “Order Comment” field on the “Order Review” screen at checkout or call us at 1.800.617.0643 to place your customized order directly with one of our Gear Specialists. A sternum strap and load-lifter straps further enhance the pack’s fit and ensure the stability of your load.
A lashed divider separates the top and front-entry main compartment of the pack from its lower sleeping bag compartment, allowing for organization and separation of wet and dry gear. When hauling longer items or in need of access between the two compartments, you can open the divider and convert the pack to a single, large compartment. An extendible lid includes zippered pockets for stowing gear and can be detached entirely to save weight.
Other features include an enormous front stretch pocket, zippered side bellows pockets, a canted, hideaway water bottle holder, two zippered hipbelt pockets one of which is entirely waterproof, gear attachment loops, trekking pole attachments, a front harness quick-stow feature for sunglasses, and side, cross over and lower panel compression straps. Gregory also includes a raincover for full protection against the elements. An integrated sleeve and exit port make the pack hydration compatible (hydration system sold separately). That same sleeve can be removed entirely and, thanks to its integrated minimalist shoulder straps, it can be used as a lightweight daypack or summit pack!
The Gregory Baltoro 65 backpack is available in your choice of colors and Small (best fits torso lengths ranging from 16”-18”), Medium (18”-20”) and Large (20”-22”) size options.
California residents: view proposition 65 WARNING
- Custom torso sizing includes an additional inch of adjustability by moving the shoulder harness between the upper and lower AutoCant slot at the top of the shoulder harness
- Gender-specific design to make sure the weight is comfortably carried on the hips
- QuickSwap components offer three harness sizes and five hipbelt sizes
- Removable Lumbar Tune system located behind the ComfortGrip lower back padding allows you to increase or decrease the curvature of the lower back panel to fit your back shape
- Auto Angle Adjust (A3) hipbelt and shoulder harness allows the harness and hiblet to rotate independently of each other, delivering a dynamic but stable ride that adapts to your body's movement over varied terrain
- 3D AIR hipbelt and shoulder harness utlize Gregory's PreCurve technology and multi-density LifeSpan EVA foam to eliminate hotspots and relieve pressure in sensitive areas, while 3D AIR mesh wicks away moisture
- High-strength tubular aluminum wishbone frame channels the weight of the pack to the center of your lower back and around your hip structure while anti-barreling support prevents the pack from losing its shape and keeps the load close to your center of gravity
- Ventilated structural foam wrapped in breathable mesh for moisture management and airflow in a low-profile backpanel design
- Soft-molded contoured pad with silicone grip overlays at the base of the backpanel ensures comfortable load transfer and prevents slippage
- Full body U-zip opening
- Stretch mesh side stash pocket
- Weathershield water resistant hipbelt pocket
- Sunglass quickstow
- Custom fit raincover included in pocket on underside of top lid
- Sidewinder bottle holster tucks away when not in use
- Dual front zippered organization pockets
- Double barrel top lid design
- Zippered bottom sleeping bag compartment
- Dual trekking pole attachments
- Top pocket solar attachment points
- Comfort-grip molded zipper pulls
- SideKick ultra-light, removable daypack doubles as hanging reservoir sleeve
Best Use Backpacking, Mountaineering Access Top Loading w/ Side Access and Sleeping Bag Compartment Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume Small: 3783 cu in
Medium: 3966 cu in
Large: 4150 cu in
Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 50 lbs Material Nylon Item Weight Small: 4 lbs 10 oz
Medium: 4 lbs 13 oz
Large: 5 lbs 2 oz
Torso Adjustment Yes Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Aluminum Fits Torso Small: 16" - 18"
Medium: 18" - 20"
Large: 20" - 22"
Dimensions Small: 28" x 13" x 13"
Medium: 30" x 13" x 13"
Large: 32" x 13" x 13"
Detachable Daypack Yes Other Rain Cover Included
Real Customer Reviews
- very good
Dislikes: nothing as of now
- The right pack for me.
Likes: This is the first pack I've bought in 30 years and I am amazed at the technological changes. I researched similar packs and picked the Gregory because it seemed to have all of the bells and whistles that were important to me plus it is super comfortable which is priority #1.
Dislikes: None at this point.
- Solid backpack
Likes: Easy access to pack. Good design. Comfortable on the back. Feels better than my current pack. For the money, this one stands out.
Dislikes: None thus far.
- Great pack
Likes: Very comfortable and handles heavy loads very well. I’m 6’ 180lb and ordered a large torso fit great but had to replace shoulder straps and waist belt with a medium fits perfect now. Backcountry Edges customer service is excellent.
Dislikes: None yet
- Great backpack
Likes: Gregory backpack must be one of the most functional backpacks out there. I think it is pricey for reason, as the backpack is very thoughtfully designed. The hydration pack folder comes out to be used as a daypack, the one of the pockets on the hip straps is waterproof, and there is a water bottle holder on he side that tilts towards the front for easy reach. The back support is great for people who are looking for more lower back support.
Dislikes: The lower back support may not be for everyone. I have heard people say that they did not like the curved, rather 'stiffer' design of the backpack.
- Great Pack
Likes: Great for carrying heavy loads.
Unlike some other packs it comes with a rain cover.
The fit and finish is second to none.
- One of the best for the past couple years
Likes: You can't go wrong with the Baltoro 65. There has been a few changes from the previous version. its a bit lighter than the prior version, has two elongated zippers on the front, and a stretchy open mesh pocket perfect to dry clothes/sandals on the move. Similar to the earlier versions, it has a strong frame allowing you to carry heavy loads and a suspension system w/ burly straps that really help keep the weight at the hips and spread it evenly. A rain cover is included, and the hydration pack holder can be used as a day pack when removed. There is a reason this pack is considered one of the top 3 bags out there for quite some time. If evaluated by price, it's probably one of the top two depending if weight is a big concern.
Dislikes: Not a big deal for me but wish you could independently order the bag and the straps to really customize the fit.
- Perfect fit
Likes: Love everything from the ability to get to the inside from top to bottom and the sides, my 3L Platypus reserve pouch neatly in its compartment that I was able to hang, and the A3 system is awesome. Strong, light, and perfect for my use.
Dislikes: water bottle side compartments could be closer so I can reach them without having to take my pack off.
- For true hiker should have it
Likes: What Mr Luke (BCE Gear Specialist) say on the YouTube channel are true..I just tested it with 40lbs +-.. The Response A3 suspension system are awesome.. This Baltoro 65L are Beast for heavy load..
Dislikes: The hip belt pocket are too small.. If can get a big hip belt pocket this pack will perfect.. A complain to the manufacturer quality control.. The left side pocket have a tiny torn.. Sad and unhappy feeling
- good backpack
Likes: Comfortable and good looking. The mesh panel seems to circulate air better than old pack.
Dislikes: hip belt pockets are too small.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »