The Granite Gear Lutsen 45 is a highly technical, easily adjustable, daypack that is ideal for minimalist backpacking or fast and light alpine explorations. The Lutsen 45 offers a 2746 cubic inch capacity pack body and an innovative Re-Fit Air Current (A.C.) suspension system that boasts Granite Gear’s Re-Fit adjustable harness, and Re-Fit fully adjustable hip belt..
The injection molded polycarbonate frame sheet, the four-inch adjustable torso length, and a hip belt that adjusts from 28-40 inches, all work together to make achieving a custom fit easy! The Re-Fit A.C. frame has molded air channels that work in combination with the dual density molded foam back panel and durable stretch mesh to assist in the ventilation of heat and moisture.
The Lutsen 45 is just the right size for going fast and light. The traditional top loading design has a roll top closure and lid with ample storage inside. Two zippered stretch mesh hip belt pockets are perfect for a small camera, snacks, or other gear. The internal hydration sleeve and hydration port are compatible with most hydration bladders (sold separately). Both sides of the pack have large stretch woven pockets to keep your water bottle, or other necessities at the ready.
The Granite Gear Lutsen 45 backpack is available in your choice of color and size options.
- Re-fit A.C. Frame with 40lb load rating
- Re-fit fully adjustable torso length with dual density shoulder harness
- Re-fit fully adjustable dual density hip belt
- Zippered stretch mesh hip belt pocket
- Extreme water resistant barrier zippered tricot lined hip belt pocket
- Hydration port and internal hydration sleeve
- Tool loops and adjustable tool holders
- Large side stretch woven pockets
- Side and front compression straps
- Stretch mesh front pocket
- 100D high tenacity nylon with barrier DWR
- 210D high tenacity ripstop nylon with barrier DWR
Best Use Backpacking Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 2746 cu in Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 45 lbs Material 100D high tenacity nylon with barrier DWR Item Weight 3 lbs Torso Adjustment Yes; Re-Fit fully adjustable Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Re-Fit Air Current Frame Sheet Fits Torso Small/Medium: 14"-18"
Fits Waist Adjustable from 28" to 40"
Real Customer Reviews
- I ordered this bag as my 3 season backpacking pack. Backcountry edge shipped the product to me in 2 days with no extra charge. A huge plus, combine that with the return policy and you cannot go wrong. No need for a return on this product, it is excellent!
Likes: This bag is the perfect size for my purposes- basically 4-6 day section hikes on the AT. I am working my way to ultralight backpacking but still like the ability to haul a big load if I have to. This bag is no one trick pony. Top notch quality, highly flexible for a perfect fit. The stretch pocket and roll top closure are great. Finally, I have found the harness and waist belt to be very comfortable.
Dislikes: The only nitpicks I have are things that I knew going into the purchase. The sleeve for a water bladder is tight- but I use smart water bottles anyway. So this does not affect me. Also, it is about a half pound heavier than my second choice the Exos 48. However, I decided in the end, that these two issues would not sway my decision. I am looking forward to using this pack for a very long time.
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »