A streamlined version of the beloved Crown2 60, the Granite Gear Crown2 38 is built especially for the truly ounce-counting thru-hiker or backpacker looking to save weight without completely sacrificing carrying comfort. It's also small enough to double as a day pack.
Equipped with Granite Gear's VC Mark 2 Frame System, the pack employs a compression molded polypropylene framesheet, a molded foam backpanel, and an overlay of durable, laminated mesh to effectively carry weight, provide load stability, and deliver ventilation to help keep you cool. Despite its lightweight design, the pack comfortably carries up to 35 pounds. Padded shoulder straps and a padded hipbelt that adjusts to fit 26"-42" waists enhance comfort and stability. NOTE: The one-size pack has a fixed suspension that best fits 18"-21" torso lengths. An adjustable sternum strap and load-lifter straps provide fine-tuned fit adjustment.
The top-loading 2320 cubic inch-capacity packbag is accessed through a wide-opening roll-top entry. A top lid protects additional storage and can be removed entirely to save on weight. Lightweight compression straps let you cinch down the packbag to keep contents safely stowed. A large front shove-it pocket serves as an additional storage space and twin side mesh pockets are perfect for water bottles or other gear. Large zippered hipbelt pockets keep valuables and essentials close at hand.
The Granite Gear Crown2 38 internal frame backpack is available in your choice of color options.
- V.C. (Vapor Current) Mark 2 Frame with 35lb load rating
- Dual density shoulder harness with load-lifter straps and removable sternum strap
- RE-FIT fully adjustable dual density hip belt (from 28-40in)
- Dual large hip belt pockets with DWR treated zippers
- Roll-top main compartment opening with centered dual strap and singular buckle for quick access and easy compression
- Removable lid has a compartment with DWR treated zipper
- Hydration port & internal hydration sleeve
- Large side stretch woven pockets
- Stretch mesh front pocket
- Side and front compression straps
- Robic high-tenacity nylon (100D and 210D)
Best Use Backpacking, Hiking Access Top Loading Warranty Limited Lifetime Volume 2320 cu in Type Internal Frame Backpack Sternum Strap Yes; Adjustable Maximum Weight 35 lbs Material 210D High-Tenacity Ripstop Nylon and 100D High-Tenacity Nylon Item Weight 2 lbs 2 oz Hydration Compatible Yes Frame Material Polypropylene Frame Sheet Fits Torso 18" - 21" Fits Waist 26" - 42" Detachable Daypack n/a
Real Customer Reviews
Earn Gear Points for Reviewing Products
Join our FREE Inside Edge program and receive 20% off a full-price item. Earn discount points for reviewing items you purchase and receive exclusive discounts.
What are points?
As a member you can share reviews of items you purchase and we'll reward you with discount points valued at 5% of the item's original purchase price.
It’s EASY and it’s FREE.Sign Up Today »